Hostess job description sample
This hostess job description sample can help you create a posting that will attract the most reliable candidates. This overall structure and format will make it easy for you to customize it with your specific requirements and desired skills for your position. If you’d like some additional ideas about what to include, browse our hostess job listings.
[Intro Paragraph] Start your hostess job description with an introduction to restaurant or hotel. You want to stress the positive qualities of your company and why a job seeker would want to work for you. This is your chance to stand out from other competing job listings, by painting a picture for your potential candidate so that they can imagine working for you.
Hostess Job Responsibilities:
- Welcome guests in a warm and friendly manner.
- Ascertains their dining/lodging needs.
- Seats guests and manage the seating chart.
- Monitors restaurant activity to determine seating and dining flow.
- Responds to guest inquiries and requests in a timely, friendly, and efficient manner.
- Performs opening and closing duties, as needed.
- Assists others with side work including, but not limited to cleaning, stocking, folding silverware, etc.
- Helps fellow team members and other departments wherever necessary to maintain positive working relationships.
[Work Hours & Benefits] You’ll also want to include information about your working hours and benefits. By putting the information in this location, you can create interest and encourage job seekers to keep reading. Describe expected working conditions or requirements such as flexible schedules, weekend work, and overtime opportunities. Don’t forget to mention any special benefits that you offer such as uniforms provided, food and beverages provided during shifts, and employee discounts.
Hostess Qualifications / Skills:
- Verbal Communication
- Customer Service
- Resolving Conflict
- Energy Level
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- High school diploma
- Prior restaurant or hotel experience preferred
[Call to Action] Job ads that include a compelling call to action right here tend to get the most responses. Tell job seekers exactly how you’d like them to apply, whether by clicking on the “apply” button at the top of the job listing, emailing a resume, or applying in person.
Put together the perfect job description? Get it working for you.
The hard part is done. Now that it’s time to post your hostess job description, Monster job ads can help. With the flexible monthly options we offer, you can choose the right plan to fit your needs, make changes as necessary, and even cancel at any time. Plus, you’ll get access to Monster Studios, our video job ad platform, at no extra charge. Check it out and get started today!