Event manager job description sample
This event manager job description sample will help you create a job posting that will attract the most qualified managers to your business. Just keep the structure and organization of this description and revise it to reflect the specific duties and requirements of the job for which you are hiring. For more ideas about how to build the perfect posting, browse our event coordinator job listings.
[Intro paragraph] We also encourage you to lead off your job description with a few sentences telling prospective event managers a little bit about your business, corporate culture, and working environment. This is your opportunity to sell yourself to the job candidate, describing what you can offer new employees and setting your posting apart from competing job listings.
Event Manager Job Responsibilities:
- Conducts short- and long-term planning and management for events and sales.
- Develops and recommend the budget, marketing plans, and objectives and manages within those approved plans.
- Maintains or exceeds budgeted sales and profits in all event areas.
- Recommends, develops, and implements effective marketing plans for generating event revenues.
- Evaluates each piece of event business to ensure business can be properly serviced.
- Assembles creative and innovative event attractions based on internal capabilities or outsources to qualified vendors.
- Trains, supervises, and works with event staff, to solicit and book banquet and catering functions, as well as the planning, merchandising and execution of the functions.
- Leads event team to build long-term, value-based customer relationships that enable achievement of sales objectives.
- Administers all phases of the event department, including but not limited to sales, planning, marketing, servicing, and administrative procedures.
- Coaches and counsels employees to reflect company service standards and procedures.
[Work Hours & Benefits] Now that job seekers know what’s required of them, you may want to include details about your working hours and benefits to let them know what life will be like if they are hired. You can highlight flexible hours, telecommuting, or work from home options, as well as any on-site meeting or travel requirements. And don’t forget to describe any benefits that set your company apart, like paid time off or retirement plans.
Event Manager Qualifications / Skills:
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with people of diverse socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds
- Service oriented style with professional presentations skills
- High energy
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Motivational leader
- Effective in providing exceptional customer service
- Ability to improve the bottom line
- Clear concise written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and administrative skills
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- Hotel/Hospitality degree an asset
- At least 1-2 years’ experience in a senior role in Event/Catering environment
- 4 years or more of progressive event/catering management experience preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
[Call to Action] The best performing event coordinator job descriptions finish up with a persuasive call to action, letting potential applicants know exactly how to apply and convincing them to do so. You can list any specific details, like hiring manager contact information or required documentation, or just tell future event managers to click on the “apply” button at the top of the job listing.
Is your event manager job description the event of the season?
Make sure you know how to get the best of the best candidates on your guest list with Monster job ads. Our wide range of monthly plans fits any company’s needs, giving you the power to upgrade, scale down, or cancel any time. You’ll even have access to Monster Studios, our video job description app, at no additional cost. Kick off your hiring event right here!