Dietary aide job description sample
This dietary aide job description sample is the perfect template for creating a posting that will attract the best qualified candidates. Maintain this outline’s organization and structure and simply customize it with the specifics of your exact duties and responsibilities, and you’ll be well on your way to turning candidates into applicants. Take a look at our dietary aide job listings to find even more ideas to add to your listing.
[Intro paragraph] Businesses seeking the highest quality employees often begin their job descriptions with a 2-3 sentence paragraph telling job seekers a few things that make their company unique and describing the value they bring to new employees. This is your opportunity to really make your hospital, clinic, or medical facility shine and set yourself apart from any other dietician job postings.
Dietary Aide Job Responsibilities:
- Ensures patients menu selections are in compliance with prescribed diet order, nutritional adequacy, age, cultural background, and religious practice.
- Obtains menu choices from patients and guests via phone order or patient visitation.
- Ensures meal orders have been transmitted to correct location for meal preparation.
- Processes patient menu selections utilizing computerized diet office system.
- Updates, monitors, and follows-up on all pertinent information such as new patient admissions, discharges, transfers, diet order changes, food allergies, food preferences and food requests.
- Communicates pertinent information to dietitian.
- Writes and modifies menus as needed according to patient diet prescription using established resources/guidelines.
- Clarifies unclear or missing diet orders with nursing staff.
- Prints and processes patient food service reports, including meal census and food tally report.
- Records all assigned data such as patient meal census and floor stock requests on paper logs or electronic spreadsheet.
- Offers patients appropriate alternate food and beverage choices.
- Resolves patient requests/complaints or relays to appropriate staff (e.g. dietitian, nursing staff).
- Assists members, staff and visitors who enter Food and Nutrition Services office.
- Assists with room service delivery as needed, including assembling patient trays, loading carts, and delivering meals to patients.
- Checks accuracy of meal tray against printed tray ticket menu.
- Substitutes appropriate foods on tray line as necessary.
- Serves as a dietary resource for nursing and other staff.
- Resolves problems with patient trays.
- Provides general information on diet utilizing approved materials and resources.
[Work Hours & Benefits] You also need to include details about the working hours and benefits at your business. Prospective dietary aides will want to know about flexible hours or work-week structures, as well as any travel requirements. You can also highlight the office perks or benefits unique to your company, like commuter credits, paid parental leave, or childcare reimbursement.
Dietary Aide Qualifications / Skills:
- Promoting dietary health
- Health promotion and maintenance
- Creating a safe, effective environment
- Legal compliance
- Bedside manner
- Medical teamwork
- Listening, analyzing information, and focusing on quality
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Food service experience preferred, preferably in healthcare
- Food Handler’s permit or ServeSafe certification as per state requirements
[Call to Action] This is where you turn potential applicants into actual applicants, by letting them know exactly how to apply with a strong call to action. Provide job hunters with details on application, resume, and supporting document submission and include any other requirements. Or let them know they can click the “apply” button at the top of the ad.
Ready to find your next dietary aide?
You’ve built the perfect job posting. Now take your search to the next level. Monster job ads give you a wide range of monthly plans from which to choose and you can cancel any time. Find the best plan for your hospital or medical facility and you’ll also get access to our massive resume database, MonsterSearch, at no extra charge. Get cooking today!