Clinical psychologist job description sample
This clinical psychologist job description sample can give your posting a boost that will attract the most qualified candidates. Simply maintain the organization and structure of this outline and tailor it to the specifics of your open position to turn candidates into applicants. You can also find even more ideas to add to your posting by taking a look at our healthcare job listings.
[Intro paragraph] Hospitals and clinics looking for the highest quality employees often introduce themselves with a few sentences to tell the job seeker what makes their organization unique and the value they bring to new hires. This is your opportunity to really make your medical facility shine and set yourself apart from competing psychologist job postings.
Clinical Psychologist Job Responsibilities:
- Selects, administers, scores, and interprets psychological tests and complete psychological assessments.
- Assesses patients and make recommendations on admission and discharge and on therapeutic activities.
- Conducts various forms of individual and group psychotherapy, including behavior modification and specialized treatment modalities such as DBT and interventions for cognitively impaired patients.
- Consults with medical personnel regarding patient status.
- Writes reports regarding patient progress, competency, and dangerousness.
- Participates in treatment team, staff, and professional meetings.
- Participates in training programs as a supervisor for trainees and unlicensed staff.
- Works collaboratively with other disciplines.
- Observes and intervenes in instances of disruptive and assaultive patient behavior.
- Initiates, designs, collaborates, and reports on psychological research or program evaluation.
- Writes articles for publication.
- Compiles and analyzes statistics.
[Work Hours & Benefits] This is the ideal place to include details about any working hours and benefits unique to your business. Tell prospective psychologists about flexible hours or work-week structures, along with any travel requirements. You can also talk about the special benefits you provide, like tuition or conference sponsorship, continuing education credits, and sabbatical and paid parental leave options.
Clinical Psychologist Qualifications / Skills:
- Patient services
- Bedside manner
- Analyzing information
- Verbal communication
- Building relationships
- Documentation skills
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- PhD in clinical psychology
- State license or eligibility
- 3 years’ clinical experience required, which may include internships, externships, or fellowships
- Experience with diverse population preferred
[Call to Action] Now’s the time for your job posting to do what it’s meant to: turn potential applicants into actual applicants. And you do that by letting clinicians know exactly how to apply with a well-crafted call to action. Provide details on application, resume, and supporting document submission, as well as any other requirements. Or, simply tell candidates to click the “apply” button at the top of the posting.
Feeling good about your clinical psychologist job description? Now put it to work.
You’ve built the perfect job posting, and now it’s time to get the most out of it. With Monster job ads you can ramp up, scale down, or cancel our search at any time. Pick the plan that’s right for your company and you’ll even have access to SearchMonster, our candidate search and engagement platform, at no extra charge. Find your next clinical psychologist right here!