Accounts Payable Manager Job Description Sample
A skilled accounts payable manager will have the accounting, leadership, and project management skills to successfully lead your accounts payable department. The key to an effective and efficient hiring process is to write a compelling accounts payable manager job description.
It may be helpful to look at other accounts payable job postings on Monster to see how other companies are advertising the position. After doing your research, you can customize this job description sample to find an all-star accounts payable manager.
Accounts Payable Manager
[Intro Paragraph] Kick off your job description with a short introduction to the accounts payable manager position and your company. You might want to mention your company history, mission, value proposition, and any impressive awards your company has won. Prompt candidates to apply by highlighting the company culture, team values, and commitment to professional development.
Accounts Payable Manager Job Responsibilities: Use this section of your accounts payable manager job description to share a list of the main responsibilities the person would manage. Include a detailed list so candidates can determine whether they are interested in the work and have the skills to be successful. For example, you may want to include:
- Leads the month-end closing process.
- Uses popular accounts payable software.
- Records all accounts payable transactions.
- Follows accounting and tax laws and standards.
- Investigates accounts payable issues as needed.
- Builds relationships with vendors and colleagues.
- Sets the accounts payable departmental budget.
- Manages and trains accounts payable coordinators.
- Hires and onboards accounts payable coordinators.
- Ensures payments are made accurately and on time.
- Creates accounts payable processes and procedures.
[Work Hours and Benefits]: Accounts payable managers usually work full-time because they lead a department. If you’re looking for a part-time accounts payable manager, mention the days and hours per week. Attract candidates by describing the benefits your company offers, such as health insurance, paid time off, paid parental leave, and a 401(k). Highlight any other perks you offer like performance bonuses, signing bonuses, professional development stipends, and free coffee and snacks.
Accounts Payable Manager Qualifications and Skills: Use these sections of your accounts payable manager job description to share the necessary and preferred qualifications. For example, you may choose to include:
- Excels at project management and organization.
- Works carefully and is diligent and detail-oriented.
- Motivates a team and has strong leadership skills.
- Demonstrates advanced math and analytical thinking skills.
- Collaborates with colleagues and has great interpersonal skills.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- A bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or a related major is required.
- A master’s degree in finance, accounting, or a related major is preferred.
- A Certified Accounts Payable Professional (CAPP) certification is preferred.
- At least [number] years accounts payable or related experience is required.
- At least [number] years managerial experience is preferred.
[Call to Action] Optimize your job description by adding a call to action. For example, you could invite candidates to apply and include instructions for applying from the job board or your company website. Next, share the goal timeline for hiring the accounts payable manager and the next steps in the hiring process so candidates know what to expect.
Put Your Accounts Payable Manager Job Description to Work
Now you’re ready to find an accounts payable manager with the technical and soft skills to lead your department. Post your job description on Monster for free to reach qualified accounts payable managers and use our resume screening technology and public resume database to make your search more efficient.