Assistant Manager Job Description Sample
Strong managers are the backbone of any business. This assistant manager job description sample can assist you in creating a job application that will attract the best candidates for this role. Feel free to revise this description to meet your specific duties and requirements. If you need more ideas for what information to include, check out Monster’s manager job listings.
[Intro Paragraph] The most effective assistant manager postings begin with a marketing summary of your company. A short introduction describing what you have to offer new employees will help you generate interest among potential candidates, get applicants excited about the prospect of working for you, and set yourself apart from other listings.
Assistant Manager Job Responsibilities:
- Assists manager by performing related duties.
- Supports staff results by communicating job expectations and planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Helps to coach, counsel, and discipline employees.
- Aids in developing, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, procedures, and productivity standards.
- Identifies strategic goals by gathering pertinent business, financial, service, and operations information.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
[Work Hours & Benefits] Put the description of your work hours and benefits in the middle of the job posting to help keep prospective assistant mangers reading your advertisement. Describe standard work hours and any special working conditions that may apply like flexible hours, work-from-home opportunities, and travel requirements. And don’t forget to include office perks like free lunches, commuter benefits, and tuition reimbursement.
Assistant Manager Qualifications / Skills:
- Performance management
- Giving feedback
- Project management
- Fostering teamwork
- Business knowledge
- Technical leadership
- Technical management
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or management preferred
- Proficiency with office software
[Call to Action] Now that applicants are familiar with your company and the job requirements, you need to teach them exactly how to apply. The most effective assistant manager job descriptions turn interested job seekers into actual applicants with a compelling call to action, letting them know who to contact at your company to apply, how to submit an application and resume, or whether to simply click the “apply” button at the top of the posting.
Get Help Hiring Your Next Assistant Manager
One great manager can shape the success of your entire business. Could you use some help finding the right one? Join Monster for free today. As a member, you’ll receive interview advice, hiring tips, special offers, industry trends, and much more. Let Monster show you how to connect with the most qualified assistant managers who will expertly fit your needs.