Accounting Supervisor Job Description
This accounting supervisor sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Accounting Supervisor Job Responsibilities:
Secures financial operations by monitoring and approving financial processing, reporting, and auditing; supervising staff.
Accounting Supervisor Job Duties:
- Accomplishes accounting human resource objectives by selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising job contributions; recommending compensation actions; adhering to policies and procedures.
- Meets accounting operational standards by contributing financial information to strategic plans and reviews; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; identifying system improvements.
- Meets accounting financial standards by providing accounting department annual budget information; monitoring expenditures; identifying variances; implementing corrective actions.
- Maintains cash flow by monitoring bank balances and cash requirements; investing excess funds.
- Approves cash disbursements by verifying check amounts against invoices, authorizing checks and wire transfers.
- Approves ledger entries by auditing transactions.
- Renews business insurance by scheduling values including personal and real property, vehicles, computers, equipment, media, and accounts receivable.
- Supports annual audit by providing information and answers to auditors.
- Reports 401k savings by distributing and explaining quarterly election forms.
- Verifies employee benefit invoices by verifying coverage and costs.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains financial security by adhering to internal controls.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
Accounting Supervisor Skills and Qualifications:
Accounting, Supervision, Benefits Administration, Audit, Managing Processes, Reporting Research Results, Quality Management, Corporate Finance, Developing Budgets, Attention to Detail, General Math Skills
Learn more about how to interview: