Monster applauds the efforts of every public and private sector organization that hires Veterans. We stand ready to assist job seekers and to enable the hiring process with the right expertise, tools, and technologies to enrich Veterans’ post-military lives while meeting the human capital life cycle needs of organizations everywhere that hire Veterans.
Resources for Veterans:
Military.com, a business unit of Monster Worldwide, Inc., is the nation’s largest military and veteran online news and membership organization serving active duty personnel, reservists, guard members, retirees, veterans, family members, defense workers and those considering military careers. Military.com enables Americans with military affinity to access information on their benefits, advance their careers, enjoy military discounts, and stay connected for life. Many of Monster’s employment resources and services for Veterans were developed by and are accessed through Military.com's Veterans Employment Center.
1. Military Skills Translator This online tool civilianizes a service member’s work experience to allow them to better communicate their skill sets to civilian employers and human resources professional and matches those skills with current job openings.
2. Veteran Career Network This unique online networking tool allows veterans to connect or reconnect with other Veterans for the purpose of sharing information about job openings or getting guidance from a trusted advisor about launching a post-military career search. This social tool allows a direct vet-to-vet mentoring relationship to assist in military transition.
3. Resume Builder Once veterans have translated their skills to civilian terms, they can then build a resume that will match the format of other civilians applying for the same job. Because military resumes are written in a specific style, they don’t always make sense to the civilian employers. The Resume Builder bridges that gap.
4. Veteran Career Fairs With over 40 onsite career expos in and around military installations, veterans have ample opportunity to meet with prospective employers and interview on the spot for an opening. For those who can’t attend in person, there are also the Virtual Career Fairs, which replicate the experience online and provide exposure to a number of key employers looking to hire veterans.
5. Specialized Job Search Veterans don’t need to waste time looking for jobs in industries or companies that aren’t interested in or in need of their skill sets. The Veteran Job Search function cuts to the chase and puts military friendly jobs in one database that is easily accessible by the job-seeking veteran.
Recruitment solutions for employers seeking to hire Vets
All the resources and services that assist veterans in preparing for and finding civilian jobs speed and simplify the process of connecting veterans with employers’ open jobs. In addition, Monster has developed a suite of products for employers specifically designed to attract, search and match veterans with opportunities.
1. Veteran Friendly Job Postings Companies, particularly in some specialty areas, know they want to hire veterans. Our Veteran-Friendly Job Postings resource gives those companies the most direct access to our military network and allows them to put their employment needs front and center with qualified job seekers.
2. Veteran Power Resume Search For those employers looking for a highly targeted way of finding an employee with specific skill sets, the Veteran Power Resume Search maximizes SeeMore, Monster’s most powerful search engine, and gives them access to over 800,000 veterans who are ready to work. This unique and effective tool allows direct connection to the candidates employers are looking for and allows for quick match ups between employer and seekers.
3. Military Career Ad Network Monster’s Military Career Ad Network allows employers to take their veteran job postings on Military.com and distribute them to sites all over the web. Using sophisticated behavioral targeting, to reach millions of veterans on sites they frequently use. Employers can reach a larger pool of candidates by casting a wider net to the places we know the veterans are visiting online.
Learn more about Hiring a Veteran