Occupational Therapy Assistant Job Description
Occupational Therapy Assistant Job Responsibilities:Helps occupational therapy clients by providing rehabilitative services, under the direction of occupational therapists, to persons with mental, physical, emotional, or developmental impairments.
Occupational Therapy Assistant Job Duties:
- Verifies client information by interviewing client; reviewing and/or recording medical history; confirming purpose of treatment.
- Helps clients improve their quality of life by helping them compensate for limitations, such as, helping injured workers improve their motor skills and re-enter the labor force, and teaching persons with learning disabilities to prepare meals or to use public transportation and increase their independence,
- Follows treatment plan developed in collaboration with occupational therapist by teaching techniques, such as, the proper method of moving from a bed into a wheelchair, and the best ways to stretch and limber muscles; monitoring activities to make sure they are performed correctly; providing encouragement, bringing treatment that is not having the intended effect to the attention of the therapist
- Maintains patient occupational therapy records by recording client's progress for use by the occupational therapist.
- Generates revenues by recording billing information of services rendered.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by establishing, following, and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
- Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Serves and protects the occupational therapy practice by adhering to professional standards, policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements, and Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) standards.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances occupational therapy practice reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Occupational Therapy Assistant Skills and Qualifications:Documentation Skills, Scheduling, Verbal Communication, Patient Services, Health Care Administration, Hospital Environment, Teamwork, Use of Medical Technologies, Bedside Manner, Dependability, Health Promotion and Maintenance
Employers: Post a job in minutes to reach candidates everywhere.
Job Seekers: Search Occupational Therapy Assistant Jobs and apply on Monster now.
Find out more about writing a job description: