Data Entry Clerk Job Description
This data entry clerk sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
A Data Entry Clerk's Job Duties:
Maintains database by entering new and updated customer and account information.
Data Entry Clerk Job Duties:
Download our 2016 Small Business Guide to Hiring
- Prepares source data for computer entry by compiling and sorting information; establishing entry priorities.
- Processes customer and account source documents by reviewing data for deficiencies; resolving discrepancies by using standard procedures or returning incomplete documents to the team leader for resolution.
- Enters customer and account data by inputting alphabetic and numeric information on keyboard or optical scanner according to screen format.
- Maintains data entry requirements by following data program techniques and procedures.
- Verifies entered customer and account data by reviewing, correcting, deleting, or reentering data; combining data from both systems when account information is incomplete; purging files to eliminate duplication of data.
- Tests customer and account system changes and upgrades by inputting new data; reviewing output.
- Secures information by completing data base backups.
- Maintains operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Data Entry Clerk Skills and Qualifications:
Organization, Typing, Data Entry Skills, Attention to Detail, Confidentiality, Thoroughness, Decision Making, Independence, Analyzing Information , Results Driven, Energy Level
Employers: Post a job in minutes to reach candidates everywhere.
Job Seekers: Search Data Entry Clerk Jobs and apply on Monster now.
Read more about how to hire: