This auditor sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Auditor Job Responsibilities:
Protects assets by ensuring compliance with internal control procedures, and regulations.
Auditor Job Duties:
- Ensures compliance with established internal control procedures by examining records, reports, operating practices, and documentation.
- Verifies assets and liabilities by comparing items to documentation.
- Completes audit workpapers by documenting audit tests and findings.
- Appraises adequacy of internal control systems by completing audit questionnaires.
- Maintains internal control systems by updating audit programs and questionnaires; recommending new policies and procedures.
- Communicates audit findings by preparing a final report; discussing findings with auditees.
- Complies with federal, state, and local security legal requirements by studying existing and new security legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Prepares special audit and control reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing operating information and trends.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Auditor Skills and Qualifications:
Audit, Legal Compliance, Documentation Skills, Attention to Detail, Reporting Research Results, Thoroughness, Presentation Skills, Financial Software, Corporate Finance, SFAS Rules, Objectivity
Employers: Post a job in minutes to reach candidates everywhere.
Job Seekers: Search Auditor Jobs and apply on Monster now.
Find out more about social media recruiting: