This admissions coordinator sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Admissions Coordinator Job Responsibilities:
Admits patients to healthcare programs and facilities by maintaining admitting guidelines; marketing programs; obtaining applicant information; screening applicants; completing admissions process; resolving patient dissatisfactions.
Admissions Coordinator Job Duties:
- Maintains admission guidelines by writing, updating, and recommending changes to admission criteria, policies and procedures.
- Markets programs and facilities by preparing and providing informational brochures; writing and placing advertisements; answering questions; conducting tours.
- Obtains applicant information by requesting completed applications and medical information; verifying and clarifying information ; interviewing patients and family members; explaining admission criteria.
- Screens patients by comparing patient's condition to admission criteria; evaluating and accepting or rejecting patients; referring patients and family to other programs and institutions.
- Admits patients by completing admission and financial responsibility forms; coordinating and arranging physical, social, emotional, and support service requirements, including transportation.
- Resolves patient/family dissatisfactions by investigating concerns; recommending changes in service policies and procedures.
- Prepares admissions reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Keeps patients safe by following safety policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Protects organization reputation by keeping information confidential.
- Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions; calling for repairs.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks.
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Admissions Coordinator Skills and Qualifications:
Multi-tasking, Listening, Verbal Communication, Energy Level, Teamwork, People Skills, Documentation Skills, PC Proficiency, Organization, Bedside Manner, Creating a Safe, Effective Environment
Employers: Post a job in minutes to reach candidates everywhere.
Job Seekers: Search Admissions Coordinator Jobs and apply on Monster now.
Find out more about writing a job description: