This admissions coordinator sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Description: Admissions Coordinator
Admissions Coordinator Job Purpose: Admits patients to healthcare programs and facilities by maintaining admitting guidelines; marketing programs; obtaining applicant information; screening applicants; completing admissions process; resolving patient dissatisfactions.
Admissions Coordinator Job Duties:
- Maintains admission guidelines by writing, updating, and recommending changes to admission criteria, policies and procedures.
- Markets programs and facilities by preparing and providing informational brochures; writing and placing advertisements; answering questions; conducting tours.
- Obtains applicant information by requesting completed applications and medical information; verifying and clarifying information ; interviewing patients and family members; explaining admission criteria.
- Screens patients by comparing patient's condition to admission criteria; evaluating and accepting or rejecting patients; referring patients and family to other programs and institutions.
- Admits patients by completing admission and financial responsibility forms; coordinating and arranging physical, social, emotional, and support service requirements, including transportation.
- Resolves patient/family dissatisfactions by investigating concerns; recommending changes in service policies and procedures.
- Prepares admissions reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Keeps patients safe by following safety policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Protects organization reputation by keeping information confidential.
- Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions; calling for repairs.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks.
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Skills/Qualifications: Multi-tasking, Listening, Verbal Communication, Energy Level, Teamwork, People Skills, Documentation Skills, PC Proficiency, Organization, Bedside Manner, Creating a Safe, Effective Environment
Find out more about writing a job description: