The sample interview questions below will assist with your interview preparation when looking to fill a receptionist job description.
- Tell me about your previous work experience as a receptionist.
- What were your primary responsibilities?
- How many people on average did you interact with on a daily basis?
- Do you enjoy interacting with the public?
- How did you add value to your role as receptionist?
- What type of security protocol did you follow?
- What type of telecommunication systems are you familiar with using?
- Tell me about your computer skills.
- What additional responsibilities did you take on as receptionist?
- What have you done at your present/last company to increase revenues, reduce costs, or save time?
- What do you know about this company and our services?
- What makes you a great fit for this position?
- What type of schedule are you looking to work?
- Would you be available to work extra hours if needed?
Every interview you conduct provides an opportunity to improve your interview skills.
Your initial contact with a prospective job candidate might involve a phone interview.
Throughout the interview process, you’ll want to be aware of red flags and warning signs that will help you avoid common hiring mistakes and hiring someone who later become a difficult employee.
Next step: Research the average employee compensation for Receptionists in your area with the HR Salary Wizard®.
TargetPost™ job postings connect you with local skilled, hourly and administrative candidates at a competitive price and help simplify your recruiting process.