Telemarketer interview questions: Samples and tips
Finding the right person for your telemarketer position can be a challenge. First you have to carefully craft a telemarketer job description to cover the requirements that you need. This step helps you identify a pool of candidates that may be a good fit. Next, you’ll need to conduct interviews to narrow the field and ultimately select the best candidate for your position.
When it comes to the selection process, having the right telemarketer interview questions is what can help you distinguish among candidates and ultimately find your next hire.
Successful interviews begin with preparation
You have limited time with each candidate you’re interviewing, so you need to make the most of it. The key is preparation. Crafting your interview questions ahead of time can help you ensure a successful candidate interview. Think about what skills and qualifications are important for the telemarketer position, but also what soft skills and interpersonal attributes you need as well. These skills are often overlooked in interviews, so knowing what they are beforehand will help you get the most out of the process.
Taking the time to properly prepare for the interview can take the hit or miss prospect out of the hiring process. You’ll get the answers you need, and you’ll be better able to evaluate your potential new hire.
Know what telemarketer interview questions to ask
In addition to standard interview questions that help you get to know the person, you also need to ask specific questions that will uncover the candidates job related strengths and weaknesses. Below are sample telemarketer interview questions that will help you do just that.
Prior work experience questions
- Tell me about your previous work experience as telemarketer.
- What were your primary responsibilities?
- What type of database systems are you familiar with using?
- What telecommunications technologies are you familiar with using?
- How many calls per day did you make on average?
- Did you have a daily quota to meet?
- What was your sales average?
- Tell me about a challenging customer interaction and how you resolved it.
Team player questions
- How did you interact and work with your team?
- Do you consider yourself a team player?
- Tell me about a challenging situation you experienced with a co-worker and how you resolved it.
Sales performance questions
- What have you done at your present/last company to increase revenues, reduce costs, or save time?
- How did you inform yourself about the products you were marketing?
- What have you done recently to become a better telemarketer?
- What do you enjoy about telemarketing?
Working environment questions
- What sort of work environment are you accustomed to working in?
- What type of procedures and policies were you responsible for following?
- What do you know about this company and our services?
- What makes you a great fit for this position?
- What type of schedule are you looking to work?
- Would you be available to work extra hours if needed?
What you should be doing during the interview
During the interview process take notes and carefully listen to the answers. Too many interviewers spend too much of valuable interview time talking. While it’s necessary to describe the position and your company, if you spend too much time talking and not enough listening, you’ve wasted your time and theirs.
You should be listening and observing so that you can spot red flags and warning signs that will help you avoid common hiring mistakes. Remember that a skill fit is just the beginning of whether the person you hire will be successful in your position. They also need to work well with your team and be a match for your company culture.
Do you need more tips for telemarketer interview questions? Monster can help
Conducting interviews is hard. Sometimes you need a little guidance to help you prepare. Let Monster Hiring Solutions help you. At Monster, we have put together exactly what you need with expert recruiting tips and even some unbeatable monthly packages that will help you find great people.