Supply chain manager job description sample
This supply chain manager job description sample is the perfect launch pad for a posting that will attract the most qualified candidates for your open position. Keep this overall structure and outline and then customize it to include your specific job requirements and duties for the best results. You can also then Monster’s supply chain manager job listings for even more ideas for crafting the best possible listing.
Supply Chain Manager
[Intro Paragraph] The most effective job descriptions use the first 2-3 sentences to introduce your company to prospective supply chain managers, highlighting your unique company culture and working environment. Take this opportunity to really sell yourself to job seekers and set your company apart from competing listings.
Supply Chain Manager Job Responsibilities:
- Develops appropriate supply chain strategy to maximize customer satisfaction at the lowest possible cost.
- Leads the supply chain team in executing best practices and measuring performance through agreed upon Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Directs and coordinates global supply chain functions through strategy, resource optimization, profitability maximization, and KPIs resulting in the maximization of customer satisfaction.
- Plans, manages, and coordinates all activities related to the sourcing and procurement of necessary materials and supplies needed to meet the changing levels of product demand.
- Works with plant, warehouse, and logistics departments to determine and set up intercompany transfers.
- Works directly with sales department to determine most cost-effective distribution solution for finished goods transportation to customers.
- Monitors and corrects inventory levels at outside warehouses (3PL) and internally to ensure rotation and maximize working capital.
- Works with freight forwards and transportation companies to set best route and rate (reviews and approves all freight terms and agreements).
- Collaborates with procurement department to determine best practice for freight in and freight consolidation.
- Supports proper utilization of ERP system (Planning Edge, Accellos).
- Member of the operations staff, responsible to routinely report on department KPIs along with appropriate analysis and countermeasures where necessary.
[Work Hours & Benefits] Right here is where you want to discuss your company’s working hours and benefits. Advise potential manager applicants of seasonal work requirements as well as possibilities for overtime pay. You can also talk about any office perks or benefits that set your business apart, like paid vacation time or tuition, commuter, and childcare reimbursements.
Supply Chain Manager Qualifications / Skills:
- Quick learner with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, maintain focus, and adapt to a variety of challenges
- Ability to conduct detailed procedures in a time constrained environment
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Strong sense of time organization and urgency
- Able to work independently and within a team
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain/Logistics, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of supply chain, logistics, or warehouse management experience
- APIM Certified Production Inventory Management (CPIM)
[Call to Action] You’ve made sure potential applicants are familiar with your company and the job requirements – now you need a compelling call to action to turn them into actual applicants. Tell interested job seekers exactly how to apply for your open position, by letting them know who to contact at your company to apply, how to submit an application and resume, or whether to simply click the “apply” button at the top of the posting.
Happy with your job description?
You worked hard on the supply chain manager job description, so why not make it work for you? Monster job ads offer flexible monthly plans that allow your company to upgrade, switch job postings, or cancel at any time. Get started today and we’ll give you access to SearchMonster, our massive resume database, at no extra charge.