Senior Accountant Job Description Sample
This senior accountant job description sample can assist in creating a job application that will attract the best candidates who are qualified for your open position. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific duties and requirements. You can also browse Monster’s senior accountant job listings to find more ideas for crafting the best description.
[Intro paragraph] You’ll want to introduce senior accountants to your company and highlight what makes working in your office unique. Take a few short sentences to really set your company apart from competing job listings and sell yourself to job seekers.
Senior Accountant Job Responsibilities:
- Ensures the integrity of accounting information by recording, verifying, consolidating, and entering transactions.
- Prepares and records asset, liability, revenue, and expenses entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Maintains and balances subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, and reconciling transactions and resolving discrepancies.
- Maintains general ledger by transferring subsidiary accounts, preparing a trial balance, and reconciling entries.
- Summarizes financial status by collecting information and preparing balance sheet, profit and loss, and other statements.
- Produces payroll by initiating computer processing; printing checks, verifying finished product.
- Completes external audit by analyzing and scheduling general ledger accounts and providing information for auditors.
- Avoids legal challenges by complying with legal requirements.
- Secures financial information by completing database backups.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
[Work Hours & Benefits] This is an where you’ll want to talk about the working hours and benefits specific to your company. This is your chance to tell prospective accounting managers about work from home and support staff options. You can also take this opportunity to focus on the benefits that set your firm apart, such as stock and ownership options, paid parental leave, or corporate travel accounts.
Senior Accountant Qualifications / Skills:
- SFAS rules
- Research skills
- Analyzing information
- Attention to detail
- Corporate finance
- Financial software
- General math skills
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- 5-10 years’ experience in accounting/finance
- CPA preferred
- Experience in working with multiple legal entities under different legal umbrellas
- Experience with financial reporting requirements
[Call to Action] Now that you’ve made senior accountants familiar with your company and the job requirements, here is where the most effective job descriptions include a compelling call to action. Turn interested parties into actual applicants by letting them know exactly how to apply, whether it’s clicking the “apply” button on this posting or submitting an application and resume to someone at your company.
Got the Perfect Senior Accountant Job Description Ready to Post?
Getting applicants looking at you is step one. Step two is going out and finding the right job candidates yourself. It all adds up to Monster job ads. Our flexible monthly plans allow you to upgrade, scale down, and cancel at any time. You’ll even have access SearchMonster, where you can engage with the best accounting candidates, at no extra charge.