Marketing specialist job description sample
This marketing specialist job description sample can help you assemble a posting that will attract the best and most qualified marketing candidates. For the best results, retain this outline’s general structure and organization, and customize it with the job duties and requirements specific to your open position. You can also take a look at our marketing specialist job listings for more ideas on how to create the best ad.
[Intro paragraph] Begin your job description with an introductory paragraph telling prospective applicants a little bit about your company and working environment. Two or three sentences catering your recruiting pitch to the ideal candidate is your chance to set your company apart from competing listings.
Marketing Specialist Job Responsibilities:
- Develops marketing strategy by studying economic indicators, tracking changes in supply and demand, identifying customers and their current and future needs, and monitoring the competition.
- Contributes to marketing effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range issues that must be addressed.
- Provides information and commentary pertinent to deliberations, recommends options and courses of action, and implements directives.
- Obtains market share by developing marketing plans and programs for each product and directing promotional support.
- Maintains relations with customers by organizing and developing specific customer-relations programs and determining company presence at conventions, annual meetings, trade associations, and seminars.
- Provides short- and long-term market forecasts and reports by directing market research collection, analysis, and interpretation of market data.
- Influences present and future products by determining and evaluating current and future market trends.
- Develops new uses for existing products by analyzing statistics regarding market development; acquiring and analyzing data; and consulting with internal and external sources.
- Maintains research database by identifying and assembling marketing information.
- Provides marketing information by answering questions and requests.
- Achieves financial objectives by preparing an annual budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective actions.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
[Work Hours & Benefits] You’ll also want to include details about your firm’s working hours and benefits. Advise prospective marketing specialists about the possibility for flexible hours or work-week structures, as well as any travel requirements. This is the perfect chance to highlight any benefits unique to your company, like tuition or continuing education credits, childcare reimbursement, or paid parental leave.
Marketing Specialist Qualifications / Skills:
- Creating and maintaining client relationships
- Self-motivated yet customer-focused
- Proficient in marketing research and statistical analysis
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in marketing or a related field
- Proven working experience in digital marketing, particularly within the industry
- Demonstrable experience leading and managing SEO/SEM, marketing database, email, social media and/or display advertising campaigns
- Highly creative with experience in identifying target audiences and devising digital campaigns that engage, inform and motivate
- Experience in optimizing landing pages and user funnels
- Experience with A/B and multivariate experiments
- Solid knowledge of website and marketing analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics, NetInsight, Omniture, WebTrends, SEMRush, etc.)
- Working knowledge of ad serving tools
- Experience in setting up and optimizing PPC campaigns on all major search engines
[Call to Action] The best performing ads know how to turn potential applicants into actual applicants with a well-crafted call to action. Let future marketing specialists know exactly how to apply with details on resume or application submissions, along with any other requirements.
Ready to post the perfect job description?
Now that you’ve got the job listing out of the way, you can take your search for the best marketing specialist to the next level with Monster job ads. Peruse a wide range of monthly plans to find the right plan for your company, then scale up, phase down, or cancel your job search at any time. You’ll even have access to our candidate engagement platform, SearchMonster, at no extra charge. Get started now!