Data entry operator job description sample
This data entry operator job description sample can be customized to create a unique job ad that will help you find candidates with the right qualifications and required skills. Use this sample as a template to organize the structure of your job description, then add specifics as needed to fit your position. You can find more ideas for how to write an effective job description by looking through our data entry operator job listings .
Data Entry Operator
[Intro Paragraph]We recommend that you start your data entry operator job description with a paragraph introducing job seekers to your company and providing information about what it’s like to work there. This is a great opportunity to set your position apart from the crowd by communicating what makes your company a great place to work. Be creative, but also be authentic: avoid stretching the truth and setting unrealistic expectations for potential applicants.
Data Entry Operator Job Responsibilities:
- Prepares, compiles, and sorts documents for data entry.
- Verifies and logs receipt of data.
- Transcribes source data into the required electronic format.
- Transfers information from paper formats into computer files using keyboards, data recorders, or optical scanners.
- Performs high-volume data entry using word processing, spreadsheet, database, or other computer software.
- Verifies integrity of data by comparing it to source documents.
- Reviews data for errors, missing pages, or missing information and resolves any discrepancies.
- Maintains a filing system and protects confidential customer information.
- Performs regular backups to ensure data preservation.
- Responds to requests to retrieve data from the database or electronic filing system.
- Uses basic office equipment (photocopy machine, facsimile machine, etc.)
- Maintains a satisfactory level of quality and productivity per department standards.
- Completes additional assigned tasks as required.
[Work Hours & Benefits]This is where you can tell potential applicants about benefits and working hours. It’s also a good idea to note things like schedule flexibility and paid time off. Don’t forget to list any available perks or benefits that can help make your job description stand out, such as career advancement opportunities, skills training, or bonuses. The best job descriptions detail not just what will be expected from employees, but also what will be provided by employers.
Data Entry Operator Qualifications/Skills:
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to multitask effectively
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks with a high degree of accuracy
- Comfortable working independently with minimal supervision
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED certificate
- Associate degree preferred but not required
- 1-3 years of experience in data entry or equivalent training
- Ability to type a minimum of 40 WPM
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word)
[Call To Action]At the bottom of your job ad is where we recommend including a call to action . Telling potential applicants exactly how to apply for the position is a great way to optimize the performance of your job description. For example, you can ask applicants to email a resume to a specific email address or direct them to click the apply button at the top of your job listing.
Need help finding the right candidate?
Find the perfect candidate fast with Monster job ads. Our range of monthly plans all include email distribution, which means your job will be shared with millions of candidates through job alerts and recommended job emails. Find a plan that works for you today!