Court Reporter Job Description Sample
This court reporter sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Court Reporter Job Responsibilities:
The job responsibilities of a court reporter include attendance of court sessions, recording court proceedings as related to evidence, objections, rulings and more. The court reporter creates a full record of jury arguments
Court Reporter Job Duties:
- In addition to the above job responsibilities, a court reporter documents files with court exhibits and indexes; files notes taken in court. Preserves notes as required by law for legally designated period of time. Prepares transcripts for appeals or other future legal proceedings.
- The court reporter may be required to serve as liaison to lawyers, judges or other local officials. Provides information relating to court hearings and charges.
- May conduct additional duties including witness depositions, managing commissions and creation of certificates of proceedings.
- Accomplishes organizational goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; explores opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
Court Reporter Skills and Qualifications:
Client Relationships, Client Confidentiality, Legal Compliance, Dealing with Complexity, Verbal Communication, Written Communication, Presentation Skills, Research Skills, Analyzing Information , Reporting Research Results, Listening Skills
Learn more about the hiring process: