Construction Manager Job Description Sample
This construction manager job description sample is your perfect guide for creating a posting that will catch the eye of the best qualified candidates. Keep the basic layout of this job posting while personalizing it with the specific duties and requirements of your position. For even more ideas on turning candidates into applicants, you can browse our construction manager job listings.
[Intro Paragraph] The best job descriptions take two or three sentences to introduce prospective construction managers to your firm and unique working environment right at the top. Crafting your recruiting pitch to your ideal candidate can set your company apart from competing listings. So ensure you’re attracting the best of the best by letting potential applicants know what you’re bringing to the table.
Construction Manager Job Responsibilities:
- Oversees construction sites, general contractors, and workers to ensure a high level of quality and safety.
- Creates and reviews Requests for Information and Requests for Proposal and Change Orders.
- Guarantees that all work is performed in accordance with approved manuals and procedures.
- Ensures that the project is constructed and documented in accordance with the contract documents and good engineering practices.
- Provides technical support to Project Managers.
- Develops and maintains project cost/change controls, and project budget and accounting records.
- Performs change order estimating and assists the Project Manager in change order negotiations.
- Coordinates and monitors schedule updates, invoices, and submittals.
- Assists in managing and reviewing the progress of contractors’ construction schedules.
- Reviews weekly and monthly reports on the status and progress of the contracts, including project costs and potential changes.
- Reports the status of projects to business and market leaders.
- Attend client program meetings as needed.
[Work Hours & Benefits] This is a great spot to talk about the working hours and benefits specific to your firm. Potential managers want to learn things like team size, remote work, and travel opportunities. And don’t forget to highlight any benefits that set your company apart, like tuition credits, childcare reimbursements, or commuter benefits.
Construction Manager Qualifications / Skills:
- Knowledge of construction technology
- EPC industry experience
- Familiarity with project and department budget process and tools
- Knowledge of project controls
- Risk assessment/management
- Administrative policies and procedures
- Conceptual planning ability
- Conflict management and problem solving skills
- Leadership ability
- Multi-tasking ability
- Communication, meeting, and presentation skills
- Comfort with time reporting systems
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s of Science in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Architecture, or other related discipline required
- 5+ years of project experience working in the construction industry required
- EIT certification preferred
- Experience with large manufacturing facilities construction sites preferred
- Proficient with MS Office Suite of tools, exposure to schedule software, preferably Primavera (P6) preferred
[Call to Action] The most effective job postings conclude with a compelling call to action, letting construction manager candidates know exactly how to apply and encouraging them to do so. Tell potential to click the “apply” link at the top of the listing, apply via your website, or send resumes and supporting documents to someone specific at your firm.
Put the Perfect Construction Manager Job Description Together?
Great job! (Get it?) Now take your search for your next manager to the next level with Monster job ads. We offer monthly plans that can be customized for any size company or job search, meaning you can swap out job ads while upgrading, scaling down, or cancelling at any time. Get started today!