Computer Operator Job Description Sample
If you’re interested in targeting top applicants, you can use Monster’s computer operator job description template. To use this template, simply follow the organization and add details to match the position that you’re trying to fill. For more job description tips, look at our computer operator listings.
[Intro Paragraph] Your computer operator job description should begin with information that tells candidates why your company is a place where they would want to work. Discuss factors about the company culture that makes it look more desirable than other work environments.
Computer Operator Job Responsibilities:
- Provides data by operating a computer.
- Determines sequence of operations by studying production schedule.
- Performs defined tasks per documented instructions/processes.
- Prepares equipment for operations by accessing software in computer.
- Makes appropriate changes to the documentation, as needed.
- Monitors and manipulates daily system jobs.
- Starts operations by entering commands.
- Maintains operations by monitoring error and stoppage messages, observing peripheral equipment, and making adjustments in the process.
- Generates reports from batch jobs and distributes to end-users.
- Maintains incident logs for all monitored systems.
- Resolves user problems by answering questions and requests.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements and tests and following manufacturer’s instructions.
- Troubleshoots malfunctions.
- Continuously monitors and reacts to IT operations processing schedule.
- Responds to incoming telephone calls, email, and voice mail inquiries from internal customers (within IT department) regarding computer-related problems.
- Maintains supply inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level.
- Maintains client confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
[Work Hours & Benefits] Placing information about work hours and benefits in this spot helps keep the job seeker focused. Be sure to discuss the working environment and requirements like overtime, flexible work schedules, and weekend work. This is also the place to talk about any special benefits or perks that your company has that the competitors don’t.
Computer Operator Qualifications/ Skills:
- Data processing
- Communication skills
- Reporting skills
- Documentation skills
- Equipment maintenance
- Problem solving
- Understanding of computer networks (LAN, WAN, and computer networking)
- Ability to create and update documentation
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Associate degree (or other 2-year degree) in data processing technology or a related field
- Data center experience
- Experience in an information technology environment
[Call To Action] You will get more responses to your job posting if you put a call to action here at the end of your computer operator job description. Tell your job seeker how to apply for your position. For example, by clicking on the “apply” button at the top of the job listing or by emailing a resume or filling out an application on the company’s website.
Get Help Finding the Right Hires
If you’re looking for talented computer operators, the search begins with posting a great job description. But if you want even more help, Monster is here for all your employment needs. Get assistance with hiring, recruiting, onboarding, and much more. Choose from our flexible plans and get started today.