This senior tax accountant sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Description: Sr. Tax Accountant
Sr. Tax Accountant Job Purpose: Recommends tax strategies by researching, interpreting, and implementing tax laws.
Sr. Tax Accountant Job Duties:
- Files federal , state, and local tax documents by preparing property tax returns, state pages, and federal, state, and municipal returns, extensions, and quarterly payments.
- Prepares tax provision schedules by reviewing, preparing, and consolidating provision schedules.
- Recommends tax strategies by researching federal, state, and local taxation issues.
- Maintains legislative materials by reviewing, interpreting, and implementing new or revised laws.
- Maintains compliance with regulations by forwarding required information to federal, state, and local authorities.
- Revises procedures by developing and streamlining procedures and worksheets for calculation of tax provisions.
- Identifies profitability of potential mergers and acquisitions by analyzing tax information; calculating key ratios; identifying areas of tax savings.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
Skills/Qualifications: Strategic Planning, Financial Diagnosis, Tax, Corporate Finance, Analyzing Information , Legal Compliance, Results Driven, Deadline-Oriented, Reporting Skills, Dealing with Complexity, Accounting
Learn more about how the hiring process: