This senior tax accountant sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Senior Tax Accountant Job Responsibilities:
Recommends tax strategies by researching, interpreting, and implementing tax laws.
Senior Tax Accountant Job Duties:
- Files federal , state, and local tax documents by preparing property tax returns, state pages, and federal, state, and municipal returns, extensions, and quarterly payments.
- Prepares tax provision schedules by reviewing, preparing, and consolidating provision schedules.
- Recommends tax strategies by researching federal, state, and local taxation issues.
- Maintains legislative materials by reviewing, interpreting, and implementing new or revised laws.
- Maintains compliance with regulations by forwarding required information to federal, state, and local authorities.
- Revises procedures by developing and streamlining procedures and worksheets for calculation of tax provisions.
- Identifies profitability of potential mergers and acquisitions by analyzing tax information; calculating key ratios; identifying areas of tax savings.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
Senior Tax Accountant Skills and Qualifications:
Strategic Planning, Financial Diagnosis, Tax, Corporate Finance, Analyzing Information , Legal Compliance, Results Driven, Deadline-Oriented, Reporting Skills, Dealing with Complexity, Accounting
Employers: Post a job in minutes to reach candidates everywhere.
Job Seekers: Search Senior Tax Accountant Jobs and apply on Monster now.
Learn more about how the hiring process: