This radiologic technologist sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Radiologic Technologist Job Responsibilities:
Provides information to diagnose patient illnesses by operating radiologic equipment to produce radiographs.
Radiologic Technologist Job Duties:
- Identifies patient service requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual patients and other persons in a position to understand service requirements.
- Ensures operation of radiology equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Maintains radiology supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal and professional requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Gains patient cooperation by reducing anxieties; providing explanations of treatment; answering questions.
- Prepares patient for radiological procedure by positioning patient; adjusting immobilization devices; moving equipment into specified position; adjusting equipment controls to set exposure factors.
- Minimizes radiation to patient and staff by practicing radiation protection techniques, using beam restrictive devices, patient shielding, and knowledge of exposure factors.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols; following drug protocols in case of reactions to drugs, such as contrast media, administering first aid, and using the emergency cart.
- Maintains production and quality of radiographs by following established standards and procedures; developing radiographs; observing radiographic results; making necessary adjustments.
- Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Radiologic Technologist Skills and Qualifications:
Use of Medical Technologies, Performing Diagnostic Procedures, Informing Others, Quality Focus, Planning, Technical Understanding, People Skills, Dependability, Creating a Safe, Effective Environment, Radiologic Technology, Analyzing Information
Employers: Post a job in minutes to reach candidates everywhere.
Job Seekers: Search Radiologic Technologist Jobs and apply on Monster now.
Find out more about recruiting trends in the healthcare industry.
Find out more about how to hire: