This physical therapy aide sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Description: Physical Therapy Aide
Physical Therapy Aide Job Purpose: Supports physical therapy care delivery by preparing treatment area, patient, equipment and materials; performing procedures, under the supervision of a physical therapist.
Physical Therapy Aide Job Duties:
- Prepares treatment room for patient by following prescribed procedures and protocols.
- Prepares patients for physical therapy treatment by welcoming, comforting, providing and/or assisting patient into physical therapy apparel or apertures.
- Provides information to patients by answering questions and requests; allaying fears.
- Helps treat patients by applying heat packs; paraffin dips; assisting patients into whirlpool; helping patients onto exercise equipment, monitoring motion; tracking walking time and distance; measuring mobility; performing prescribed exercises and strengthening techniques.
- Educates patients by demonstrating proper use of equipment and exercise routines.
- Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Provides equipment and supplies by sterilizing and delivering equipment and supplies to treatment area; positioning equipment for therapist access; positioning patient on equipment.
- Ensures operation of physical therapy equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instruction; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- Maintains physical therapy supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Serves and protects the hospital community by adhering to professional standards, hospital policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements, and jcaho standards.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances physical therapy department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Skills/Qualifications: Creating a Safe, Effective Environment, Verbal Communication, Listening, Coaching, Health Care Administration, Patient Services, Self-Development, Coordination, Teamwork, Multi-tasking, Supply Management
Learn more and recruiting and hiring: