Patient Care Unit Clerk Job Description
Patient Care Unit Clerk Job Responsibilities:Supports patient care delivery by providing clerical services.
Patient Care Unit Clerk Job Duties:
- Helps patients by responding to intercom requests; obtaining needed services from nurses, licensed practical nurses, physicians, aides, and other hospital personnel.
- Welcomes visitors by greeting visitors, in person or on the telephone; answering inquiries; relaying calls to patients; giving directions; referring inquiries to nursing and physician staff.
- Provides information by answering questions and requests.
- Establishes patient record by preparing folder; assigning patient number; completing patient identification information.
- Documents patient care services by copying nursing and physician notes to patient and department records.
- Arranges discharges by notifying business office and patient transporter service.
- Maintains unit operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
- Maintains patient confidence and protects hospital operations by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains unit supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Keeps unit equipment operational by following manufacturer's instructions and established procedures; calling for repairs.
- Conserves unit resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Secures patient information by completing data base backups.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations; adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Patient Care Unit Clerk Skills and Qualifications:Time Management, Organization, Attention to Detail, Quality Focus, Professionalism, Productivity, Patient Services, Medical Teamwork, Telephone Skills, Customer Focus, Supply Management
Employers: Post a job in minutes to reach candidates everywhere.
Job Seekers: Search Patient Care Unit Clerk Jobs and apply on Monster now.
Learn more about how to hire: