This operations analyst sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Description: Operations Analyst
Operations Analyst Job Purpose: Accomplishes business objectives by identifying and solving customer information and processing problems.
Operations Analyst Job Duties:
- Identifies project requirements by interviewing customers; analyzing operations; determining project scope; documenting results; preparing customer contracts.
- Develops problem solutions by describing requirements in a work-flowchart and diagram; studying system capabilities; analyzing alternative solutions; preparing system specifications; writing programs.
- Develops project estimates by identifying phases and elements, personnel requirements, and costs.
- Verifies results by completing tests.
- Prepares customers to use system by conducting training.
- Provides reference for customers by writing documentation; providing support and help.
- Maintains systems by researching and resolving problems; maintaining system integrity and security.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Skills/Qualifications: Problem Solving, Quality Focus, General Consulting Skills, Project Management, Process Improvement, Client Relationships, Reporting Skills, Networking Knowledge, Networking Standards, Technical Zeal, Job Knowledge
Learn more about the hiring process: