This nutrition educator sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Description: Nutrition Educator
Nutrition Educator Job Purpose: Promotes health through nutrition by designing, implementing, and teaching nutrition techniques and programs; maintaining third-party reimbursement approvals.
Nutrition Educator Job Duties:
- Teaches nutrition by developing, implementing, and marketing nutrition education services and programs to hospital patients, hospital employees, home care patients, outpatients, and the community.
- Designs nutrition education services by researching, developing, writing, and updating policies, procedures, methods, and guidelines.
- Improves quality results by studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes; implementing changes.
- Encourages and maintains third-party reimbursements by using quality assurance results to substantiate the cost-effectiveness of nutrition education services and programs.
- Promotes nutrition programs by arranging media coverage; presenting nutrition information presentations within the hospital, in the local school system, in social services community programs, and in civic community organizations.
- Conducts in-service training for professional staff by reviewing special diet plans; presenting latest research on nutrition-related subjects; introducing new nutrition programs and services.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Serves and protects the hospital community by adhering to professional standards, hospital policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements, and jcaho standards.
- Enhances nutrition department and hospital reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Skills/Qualifications: Presentation Skills, Nutrition, Health Promotion and Maintenance, Training Management, Listening, Quality Management, Energy Level, Teaching, Tracking Budget Expenses, Food Research, Written Communication
Find out more about social media recruiting: