This nurse consultant sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Nurse Consultant Job Responsibilities:
Provides healthcare consultations and technical advice by investigating malpractice claims; identifying meritorious cases; avoiding non-rewarding litigation; locating reliable, authoritative experts; preparing conclusive cases.
Nurse Consultant Job Duties:
- Supports healthcare providers, organizations, and patients by completing investigations for attorneys, physicians, insurance and accreditation organizations, health professionals, private investigators, injured and third parties; providing risk-prevention methodologies.
- Develops medical malpractice claims information by investigating hospital, nursing home, physician and nursing negligence claims; providing unbiased opinions; determining merits of legal or accreditation actions.
- Provides medical records information by completing initial review and liability assessment; identifying health care providers; preparing releases and letters to obtain complete medical records, x-rays, and billings; organizing, chronologically summarizing, analyzing, and indexing medical records and billings; preparing a timeline of events; transcribing handwritten chart/record notes; preparing tables, charts, and graphs of data; recommending and preparing documents for review by the expert advisory panel.
- Identifies potential medical personnel/witnesses by deciphering names from medical documents; locating important witnesses; interviewing witnesses; suggesting list of deponents; scheduling and summarizing depositions; reviewing and assisting attorney in preparation of preliminary and final witness lists.
- Identifies medical experts by recommending areas of expertise to be consulted; obtaining and providing a list of potential experts; locating specifically named experts (defense and/or plaintiff); researching backgrounds of experts; obtaining curriculum vitaes; interacting with experts; preparing documents for review by experts; maintaining reference notebook on experts.
- Completes medical research by utilizing personal knowledge, experience, reference library, and internet; defining and interpreting medical language; defining and interpreting medical procedures; defining and interpreting medical-hospital/office policies.
- Supports case presentation by drafting interrogatories and admissions; preparing slides, spreadsheets, charts, and graphs based on investigative findings.
- Maintains legal and accreditation compliance by adhering to policy positions concerning federal, state, and local regulations, and Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) standards; anticipating emerging issues.
- Improves quality results by studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes; implementing changes.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Nurse Consultant Skills and Qualifications:
Nursing Skills, Health Promotion and Maintenance, Hospital Environment, Procedural Skills, Informing Others, Verbal Communication, Documentation Skills, Functional and Technical Skills, Perspective, Use of Medical Technologies, Medical Teamwork
Employers: Post a job in minutes to reach candidates everywhere.
Job Seekers: Search Nurse Consultant Jobs and apply on Monster now.
Learn more about recruiting: