Nurse Consultant Job Description
Nurse Consultant Job Responsibilities:Provides healthcare consultations and technical advice by investigating malpractice claims; identifying meritorious cases; avoiding non-rewarding litigation; locating reliable, authoritative experts; preparing conclusive cases.
Nurse Consultant Job Duties:
- Supports healthcare providers, organizations, and patients by completing investigations for attorneys, physicians, insurance and accreditation organizations, health professionals, private investigators, injured and third parties; providing risk-prevention methodologies.
- Develops medical malpractice claims information by investigating hospital, nursing home, physician and nursing negligence claims; providing unbiased opinions; determining merits of legal or accreditation actions.
- Provides medical records information by completing initial review and liability assessment; identifying health care providers; preparing releases and letters to obtain complete medical records, x-rays, and billings; organizing, chronologically summarizing, analyzing, and indexing medical records and billings; preparing a timeline of events; transcribing handwritten chart/record notes; preparing tables, charts, and graphs of data; recommending and preparing documents for review by the expert advisory panel.
- Identifies potential medical personnel/witnesses by deciphering names from medical documents; locating important witnesses; interviewing witnesses; suggesting list of deponents; scheduling and summarizing depositions; reviewing and assisting attorney in preparation of preliminary and final witness lists.
- Identifies medical experts by recommending areas of expertise to be consulted; obtaining and providing a list of potential experts; locating specifically named experts (defense and/or plaintiff); researching backgrounds of experts; obtaining curriculum vitaes; interacting with experts; preparing documents for review by experts; maintaining reference notebook on experts.
- Completes medical research by utilizing personal knowledge, experience, reference library, and internet; defining and interpreting medical language; defining and interpreting medical procedures; defining and interpreting medical-hospital/office policies.
- Supports case presentation by drafting interrogatories and admissions; preparing slides, spreadsheets, charts, and graphs based on investigative findings.
- Maintains legal and accreditation compliance by adhering to policy positions concerning federal, state, and local regulations, and Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) standards; anticipating emerging issues.
- Improves quality results by studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes; implementing changes.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Nurse Consultant Skills and Qualifications:Nursing Skills, Health Promotion and Maintenance, Hospital Environment, Procedural Skills, Informing Others, Verbal Communication, Documentation Skills, Functional and Technical Skills, Perspective, Use of Medical Technologies, Medical Teamwork
Employers: Post a job in minutes to reach candidates everywhere.
Job Seekers: Search Nurse Consultant Jobs and apply on Monster now.
Learn more about recruiting: