This human resource generalist sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Human Resources Generalist Job Responsibilities:
Supports operating units by implementing human resources programs; solving performance problems.
Human Resources Generalist Job Duties:
- Implements human resources programs by providing human resources services, including talent acquisition, staffing, employment processing, compensation, health and welfare benefits, training and development, records management, safety and health, succession planning, employee relations and retention, AA/EEO compliance, and labor relations; completing personnel transactions.
- Develops human resources solutions by collecting and analyzing information; recommending courses of action.
- Improves manager and employee performance by identifying and clarifying problems; evaluating potential solutions; implementing selected solution; coaching and counseling managers and employees.
- Completes special projects by clarifying project objective; setting timetables and schedules; conducting research; developing and organizing information; fulfilling transactions.
- Manages client expectations by communicating project status and issues; resolving concerns; analyzing time and cost issues; preparing reports.
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Human Resources Generalist Skills and Qualifications:
Performance Management, Training Management, Maintaining Employee Files, People Skills, Resolving Conflict, Employment Law, Project Management, Office Experience - General, Reporting Skills, Verbal Communication, Administrative Writing Skills
Employers: Post a job in minutes to reach candidates everywhere.
Job Seekers: Search Human Resources Generalist Jobs and apply on Monster now.
Learn more about the recruiting process: