Human Resources Administrative Assistant Job Description Sample
This human resources administrative assistant sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements. Then when you’re ready, post your job on Monster to reach the right talent -- act now and save 20% when you buy a 60-day job ad!
Human Resources Administrative Assistant Job Responsibilities:
Supports human resources department by screening and interviewing applicants; preparing payroll; orienting new employees; administering employee benefit programs.
Human Resources Administrative Assistant Job Duties:
- Provides job candidates by screening, interviewing, and testing applicants; notifying existing staff of internal opportunities; maintaining personnel records; obtaining temporary staff from agencies.
- Pays employees by calculating pay; distributing checks; maintaining records.
- Administers student loan, medical insurance, savings bond, and disability programs by advising employees of eligibility; providing application information; helping with form completion; verifying submission; notifying employees of approvals.
- Monitors unemployment claims by reviewing claims; substantiating documentation; requesting legal counsel review.
- Maintains human resources records by recording new hires, transfers, terminations, changes in job classifications, merit increases; tracking vacation, sick, and personal time.
- Orients new employees by providing orientation information packets; reviewing company policies; gathering withholding and other payroll information; explaining and obtaining signatures for benefit programs.
- Documents human resources actions by completing forms, reports, logs, and records.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications.
- Accomplishes human resources department and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
Human Resources Administrative Assistant Skills and Qualifications:
Administrative Writing Skills, Verbal Communication, Maintaining Employee Files, Compensation and Wage Structure, Orienting Employees, Benefits Administration, Interviewing Skills, Professionalism, Organization, Teamwork, Supply Management.
See Monster's TargetPost Administrative Staff listing.
Employers: Post a job in minutes to reach candidates everywhere.
Job Seekers: Search Human Resources Administrative Assistant Jobs and apply on Monster now.
Learn more about writing a job description: