Firefighter Job Description
Firefighter Job Responsibilities:Protects citizens by extinguishing fires; executing rescues.
Firefighter Job Duties:
- Prevents fire damage by conducting surveys and inspections for hazards; enforcing codes.
- Prepares citizens to prevent fire damage by developing and conducting educational and training programs.
- Ensures availability of water at fire scene by testing hydrants; requesting and expediting repairs; verifying repair.
- Minimizes fire damage by responding to alarms; driving and operating equipment; regulating water pressure; combating and extinguishing fires; rescuing and reviving people.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; notifying supervisor of needed repairs; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Maintains operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
- Provides information by completing reports.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; studying publications; participating in scheduled drills.
- Maintains fire station building, grounds, and related equipment by completing maintenance schedules.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Firefighter Skills and Qualifications:Lifting, Physical Fitness, Decision Making, Handles Pressure, Deals with Uncertainty, Judgment, Objectivity, Dependability, Emotional Control, Integrity, Safety Management
Employers: Post a job in minutes to reach candidates everywhere.
Job Seekers: Search Firefighter Jobs and apply on Monster now.
Learn more about how to hire: