This financial auditor sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Financial Auditor Job Responsibilities:
Protects assets by planning and completing financial audits; identifying inadequate, inefficient, or ineffective internal controls; recommending improvements.
Financial Auditor Job Duties:
- Plans financial audits by understanding organization objectives, structure, policies, processes, internal controls, and external regulations; identifying risk areas; preparing audit scope and objectives; preparing audit programs.
- Assesses compliance with financial regulations and controls by executing audit program steps; testing general ledger, account balances, balance sheets, income statements, and related financial statements; examining and analyzing records, reports, operating practices, and documentation.
- Assesses risks and internal controls by identifying areas of non-compliance; evaluating manual and automated financial processes; identifying process weaknesses and inefficiencies and operational issues.
- Verifies assets and liabilities by comparing and analyzing items and collateral to documentation.
- Completes audit work papers and memoranda by documenting audit tests and findings.
- Communicates audit progress and findings by providing information in status meetings; highlighting unresolved issues; reviewing working papers; preparing final audit reports.
- Improves protection by recommending changes in management monitoring, assessment, and motivational practices, in the internal control structure, and in operating processes; identifying root causes.
- Supports external auditors by coordinating information requirements.
- Provides financial control information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Protects organization's reputation by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Contributes to team results by welcoming new and different work requirements; exploring new opportunities to add value to the organization; helping others accomplish related job results as and where needed.
Financial Auditor Skills and Qualifications:
Audit, Financial Skills, Financial Diagnosis, Analyzing Information , Research Skills, Reporting Research Results, Verbal Communication, Integrity and Trust, Project Management, Attention to Detail, Objectivity
Find out more about recruiting trends in the finance industry.
Employers: Post a job in minutes to reach candidates everywhere.
Job Seekers: Search Financial Auditor Jobs and apply on Monster now.
Learn more about how to hire: