This database administrator sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Description: Database Administrator
Database Administrator Job Purpose: Maintains database by identifying and solving database requirements; supporting users.
Database Administrator Job Duties:
- Identifies database requirements by interviewing customers; analyzing department applications, programming, and operations; evaluating existing systems and designing proposed systems.
- Recommends solutions by defining database physical structure and functional capabilities, database security, data back-up, and recovery specifications.
- Installs revised or new systems by proposing specifications and flowcharts; recommending optimum access techniques; coordinating installation requirements.
- Maintains database performance by calculating optimum values for database parameters; implementing new releases; completing maintenance requirements; evaluating computer operating systems and hardware products.
- Prepares users by conducting training; providing information; resolving problems.
- Provides information by answering questions and requests.
- Supports database functions by designing and coding utilities.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Skills/Qualifications: Database Performance Tuning, Database Security, Promoting Process Improvement, Problem Solving, Presenting Technical Information, Quality Focus, Database Management, Data Maintenance, Operating Systems, Attention to Detail, Information Security Policies
Find out more about how the hiring process: