This benefits manager sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Description: Benefits Manager
Benefits Manager Job Purpose: Maintains compensation and income-security programs by evaluating, recommending, and administering benefit programs.
Benefits Manager Job Duties:
- Recommends benefits programs to management by studying employee requirements and trends and developments in benefits offered by other organizations.
- Supports management's decision making by analyzing benefit options and predicting future costs.
- Identifies benefit options by studying programs; obtaining advice from consultants.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; obtaining qualified opinions; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Informs employees of benefit usage by preparing and distributing benefit reports.
- Maintains benefit records by developing recordkeeping systems; initiating new-hire benefits; recording changes.
- Resolves employee questions and problems by interpreting benefit policies and procedures.
- Expedites delivery of benefits by establishing and maintaining working relationships with benefit providers.
- Reconciles benefits accounts by approving billing statements.
- Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintains benefits staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains benefits staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Achieves financial objectives by preparing the benefits and department operational budgets; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Skills/Qualifications: Analyzing Information , Financial Skills, Maintaining Employee Files, Compensation and Wage Structure, Benefits Administration, Resolving Conflict, Organizational Astuteness, Classifying Employees, Employment Law, Delegation, Retaining Employees
Find out more about writing a job description: