This benefits manager sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Benefits Manager Job Responsibilities:
Maintains compensation and income-security programs by evaluating, recommending, and administering benefit programs.
Benefits Manager Job Duties:
- Recommends benefits programs to management by studying employee requirements and trends and developments in benefits offered by other organizations.
- Supports management's decision making by analyzing benefit options and predicting future costs.
- Identifies benefit options by studying programs; obtaining advice from consultants.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; obtaining qualified opinions; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Informs employees of benefit usage by preparing and distributing benefit reports.
- Maintains benefit records by developing recordkeeping systems; initiating new-hire benefits; recording changes.
- Resolves employee questions and problems by interpreting benefit policies and procedures.
- Expedites delivery of benefits by establishing and maintaining working relationships with benefit providers.
- Reconciles benefits accounts by approving billing statements.
- Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintains benefits staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains benefits staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Achieves financial objectives by preparing the benefits and department operational budgets; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Benefits Manager Skills and Qualifications:
Analyzing Information , Financial Skills, Maintaining Employee Files, Compensation and Wage Structure, Benefits Administration, Resolving Conflict, Organizational Astuteness, Classifying Employees, Employment Law, Delegation, Retaining Employees
Employers: Post a job in minutes to reach candidates everywhere.
Job Seekers: Search Benefits Manager Jobs and apply on Monster now.
Find out more about writing a job description: