This accounts receivable clerk sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Description: Accounts Receivable Clerk
Accounts Receivable Clerk Job Purpose: Secures revenue by verifying and posting receipts; resolving discrepancies.
Accounts Receivable Clerk Job Duties:
- Posts customer payments by recording cash, checks, and credit card transactions.
- Posts revenues by verifying and entering transactions form lock box and local deposits.
- Updates receivables by totaling unpaid invoices.
- Maintains records by microfilming invoices, debits, and credits.
- Verifies validity of account discrepancies by obtaining and investigating information from sales, trade promotions, customer service departments, and from customers;
- Resolves valid or authorized deductions by entering adjusting entries.
- Resolves invalid or unauthorized deductions by following pending deductions procedures.
- Resolves collections by examining customer payment plans, payment history, credit line; coordinating contact with collections department.
- Summarizes receivables by maintaining invoice accounts; coordinating monthly transfer to accounts receivable account; verifying totals; preparing report.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
Skills/Qualifications: Organization, Accounting, Data Entry Skills, General Math Skills, Financial Software, Analyzing Information , Attention to Detail, Thoroughness, Reporting Research Results, Verbal Communication
Employers: Post a job in minutes to reach candidates everywhere.
Job Seekers: Search jobs and apply on Monster now.
Learn more about how to hire: