This accounts receivable clerk sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Accounts Receivable Clerk Job Responsibilities:
Secures revenue by verifying and posting receipts; resolving discrepancies.
Accounts Receivable Clerk Job Duties:
- Posts customer payments by recording cash, checks, and credit card transactions.
- Posts revenues by verifying and entering transactions form lock box and local deposits.
- Updates receivables by totaling unpaid invoices.
- Maintains records by microfilming invoices, debits, and credits.
- Verifies validity of account discrepancies by obtaining and investigating information from sales, trade promotions, customer service departments, and from customers;
- Resolves valid or authorized deductions by entering adjusting entries.
- Resolves invalid or unauthorized deductions by following pending deductions procedures.
- Resolves collections by examining customer payment plans, payment history, credit line; coordinating contact with collections department.
- Summarizes receivables by maintaining invoice accounts; coordinating monthly transfer to accounts receivable account; verifying totals; preparing report.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
Accounts Receivable Clerk Skills and Qualifications:
Organization, Accounting, Data Entry Skills, General Math Skills, Financial Software, Analyzing Information , Attention to Detail, Thoroughness, Reporting Research Results, Verbal Communication
Employers: Post a job in minutes to reach candidates everywhere.
Job Seekers: Search Accounts Receivable Clerk Jobs and apply on Monster now.
Learn more about how to hire: