This accounting director sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Description: Accounting Director
Accounting Director Job Purpose: Supports organization financial objectives by providing financial analyses and recommendations; directing staff.
Accounting Director Job Duties:
- Accomplishes accounting human resource strategies by determining accountabilities; communicating and enforcing values, policies, and procedures; implementing recruitment, selection, orientation, training, coaching, counseling, disciplinary, and communication programs; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation strategies.
- Develops accounting organizational strategies by contributing accounting and financial information, analysis, and recommendations to strategic thinking and direction; establishing functional objectives in line with organizational objectives.
- Establishes accounting operational strategies by evaluating trends; establishing critical measurements; determining production, productivity, quality, and customer-service strategies; designing systems; accumulating resources; resolving problems; implementing change.
- Provides financial projections by coordinating budget/forecast preparation; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial information; advising departments on the collection and analysis of data.
- Maintains sufficient funds by forecasting cash requirements and obligations.
- Minimizes legally required taxes by studying regulations; presenting tax strategies to management; filing returns.
- Maximizes sales margin by recommending product and service pricing policies.
- Minimizes inventory investment by analyzing turns; recommending inventory levels and reorder points.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes department and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
Skills/Qualifications: Staffing, Forecasting, Financial Planning and Strategy, Strategic Planning, Financial Diagnosis, Quality Management, Dealing with Complexity, Managing Processes, Reporting Research Results, Decision Making, Accounting
Find out more about employee compensation: