Sample Interview Questions: Accounting Clerk
- Tell me about your previous work experience as accounting clerk.
- What were your primary responsibilities?
- How many people did you support?
- What were the most challenging aspects of your work?
- What type of software programs are you familiar with using?
- How did you maintain confidentiality when managing information?
- Tell me about a complex project you were tasked with completing under deadline.
- How did you add value to your role as accounting clerk?
- Tell me about your computer skills.
- Talk about your math skills.
- What have you done at your present/last company to increase revenues, reduce costs, or save time?
- What have you done recently to become a better accounting clerk?
- What makes you a great fit for this position?
- What type of schedule are you looking to work?
- Would you be available to work extra hours if needed?
Every interview should be an integrated part of a hiring strategy that enables you to hire great people and avoid hiring disasters.
Equally important: research relevant recruiting trends such as Monster’s 2011 Accounting Job Conditions Report.
TargetPost™ job postings connect you with local skilled, hourly and administrative candidates at a competitive price and help simplify your recruiting process.