Property Manager Job Description Sample
This property manager sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Property Manager Job Responsibilities:
Maintains property rentals by advertising and filling vacancies; negotiating and enforcing leases; maintaining and securing premises.
Property Manager Job Duties:
- Establishes rental rate by surveying local rental rates; calculating overhead costs, depreciation, taxes, and profit goals.
- Attracts tenants by advertising vacancies; obtaining referrals from current tenants; explaining advantages of location and services; showing units.
- Contracts with tenants by negotiating leases; collecting security deposit.
- Accomplishes financial objectives by collecting rents; paying bills; forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective action.
- Maintains property by investigating and resolving tenant complaints; enforcing rules of occupancy; inspecting vacant units and completing repairs; planning renovations; contracting with landscaping and snow removal services
- Maintains building systems by contracting for maintenance services; supervising repairs.
- Secures property by contracting with security patrol service; installing and maintaining security devices; establishing and enforcing precautionary policies and procedures; responding to emergencies.
- Enforces occupancy policies and procedures by confronting violators.
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Improve your Hiring and Retention in 2017
Property Manager Skills and Qualifications:
Motivation for Sales, Meeting Sales Goals, Negotiation, Selling to Customer Needs, Territory Management, Closing Skills, Prospecting Skills, Professionalism, Internal Communications, Listening, Communication Processes
Employers: Post a job in minutes to reach candidates everywhere.
Job Seekers: Search Property Manager Jobs and apply on Monster now.
Learn more about how to hire:
- Writing a Job Description: Reign in Job Requirements
- Evaluate a Job Candidate's Social Skills
- Interviewing Gaffes and Recruiting Disasters