Office Manager Job Description Sample
This office manager sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Office Manager Job Responsibilities:
Supports company operations by maintaining office systems and supervising staff.
Office Manager Job Duties:
- Maintains office services by organizing office operations and procedures; preparing payroll; controlling correspondence; designing filing systems; reviewing and approving supply requisitions; assigning and monitoring clerical functions.
- Provides historical reference by defining procedures for retention, protection, retrieval, transfer, and disposal of records.
- Maintains office efficiency by planning and implementing office systems, layouts, and equipment procurement.
- Designs and implements office policies by establishing standards and procedures; measuring results against standards; making necessary adjustments.
- Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Keeps management informed by reviewing and analyzing special reports; summarizing information; identifying trends.
- Maintains office staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains office staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Achieves financial objectives by preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Office Manager Skills and Qualifications:
Supply Management, Informing Others, Tracking Budget Expenses, Delegation, Staffing, Managing Processes, Supervision, Developing Standards, Promoting Process Improvement, Inventory Control, Reporting Skills
Get Help Hiring your next Office Manager
Every business needs superstar who will keep your office organized and humming. If you’re looking for the right hire, we can help. Sign up for exclusive Monster Hiring advice and we’ll send you helpful hiring tips delivered right to your inbox. We’ll even throw in a special job posting offer to get you moving in the right direction. You’ll soon be welcoming your next office manager to your company.