Welder Job Description Sample
This welder job description sample is the perfect starting point for posting. Attract the most reliable candidates by maintaining the structure and organization of this outline, then customizing it with the specific job requirements and duties of your open position. Then go and check out more ideas for crafting your description by browsing Monster’s welder job listings.
[Intro paragraph] The best job listings take two or three introductory sentences to tell prospective employees the story of their business. Highlight your unique company culture and working environment and sell yourself to job seekers. This is the perfect opportunity to set your company apart from competing job listings.
Welder Job Responsibilities:
- Expertly welds small, medium, and large bore pipe of various metals and alloys.
- Solders and brazes of copper pipe.
- Performs complex mechanical installations per engineering direction.
- Reads and comprehends construction drawings and specifications.
- Lays out and installs piping, equipment, and other mechanical systems in compliance with construction drawings and specifications.
- Marks up construction drawings and specifications with as-built status.
- Works with Thermal Systems Engineers and Site Construction Manager to order tools, equipment, supplies, and materials necessary for the group’s job requirements following company policy and process.
- Works in conjunction with other crews and lead persons.
- Maintains responsibility for all tools and equipment assigned to the group.
[Work Hours & Benefits] Don’t forget to include details on working hours and benefits. Sell potential welders on things like overtime or seasonal work, as well as benefits that set your company apart, like promotion opportunities, paid sick time, or health insurance coverage.
Welder Qualifications / Skills:
- Ability to read labels, safety warnings, and guidelines
- Ability to learn basic computer skills to communicate via email, document daily work and progress, and track procurements and status
- Always attentive to detail and alert to ensure safety
- Ability to receive and follow instructions and communicate with co-workers
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- Graduation from high school, military schools, vocational school, recognized craftsman apprenticeship program or equivalent
- At least five (5) to ten (10) years of experience in a combination of two or more skilled trades including knowledge of and ability to use tools materials and methods
- Current welding certifications (Recently expired certifications may be acceptable contingent upon the ability to successfully requalify prior to employment.)
- OSHA 10-hour safety course would be a plus
[Call to Action] So, how do you turn interested job hunters into job applicants? By including a compelling call to action right here. Let prospective welders know exactly how to apply, whether telling them how and where to submit an application or resume, who to contact at your company to apply, or advising them to click the “apply” button at the top of the posting.
Fashioned the Perfect Job Description?
You know how to get potential applicants to find you. Now, how to you find the best candidates for your position? Monster job ads provides flexible monthly plans that allow you to upgrade or scale down your job search at any time, and you’ll have access to SearchMonster, our powerful search and engagement platform at no extra charge. Get all the details right here!