Solution architect job description sample
This solution architect job description sample can help you create the ideal posting to attract the best qualified candidates. By building on the structure and organization of this outline and customizing it with your specific job duties and requirements, you can turn those candidates into applicants. You can also browse our solution architect job listings for more ideas on how to fill out your description.
[Intro Paragraph] Beginning your job description by introducing prospective applicants to your company, corporate culture, and working environment is your chance to set your posting apart from the rest. Take two or three sentences to cater your recruiting pitch to the ideal candidate, letting them know what you have to offer new hires.
Solution Architect Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for assisting in the establishment of an IT Architecture practice, and the adoption of an architecture and standards methodology.
- Manages activities that take place during solution ideation, solution design, and solution implementation.
- Reviews business context for solutions to company challenges as well as defining the vision and requirements for the solution, recommending potential options, (which may include RFIs, RFPs or prototype development), selecting the most optimal option, and the development of a roadmap for the selected solution.
- Communicates the architecture to the stakeholders and collaborates and coordinates with existing domain architects in the formalization and adoption of IT standards and procedures.
- Champions a structured approach to business application solutions.
- Directly assists in the development of a solutions architecture program including departmental roadmaps and project portfolios for IT systems architecture.
- Assures solutions not only are a fit for the specific purpose but also closely align with the standards guidelines of technology solutions.
- Influences changes to standards when necessary.
- Assists domain architecture team on solutions management and timing of financial spend for application solutions.
- Supports the architectural aspects of all application projects in peer IT portfolios.
- Directs the identification and recommendation of appropriate solutions, upgrades, replacements, or decommissioning options incorporating business and technology productivity, usability, and total cost of ownership.
- Develops and executes solutions which further reduce the percentage of time spent on reactive work.
- Provides analysis of security protection technologies as necessary.
[Work Hours & Benefits] Discuss the working hours and benefits specific to your company here. The best performing job descriptions inform future solution architects about flexible hours, the ability to work from home, or other telecommuting opportunities. And they highlight unique benefits, like conference sponsorships, continuing education credits, or paid time off.
Solution Architect Qualifications / Skills:
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- High attention to detail regarding accounting skills
- Ability to work under indirect supervision
- Broad understanding of information technology topics
- Effective interpersonal skills and collaborative management style to include teamwork and team building ability
- Comfortable with ambiguity and time spent outside of comfort zone acquiring new skills
- Flexible in a fast-paced dynamic environment with shifting roles and responsibilities
- Technically creative and open-minded
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent education or work experience
- Minimum of 10 – 12 years of experience related to IT Management or other information technology solutions architecture role
- Demonstrated ability to communicate the complexities of technical programs
- Proficiency with information technologies in a secure network environment
- Expertise with personal computers in a secure network environment and Microsoft applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and SharePoint) or similar software
[Call to Action] You’ve got a candidate’s interest. Now you need to let them know how to apply and encourage them to do so. So here is where you include a compelling call to action, advising job seekers to apply through the job listing or to contact your HR department directly, along with any other application requirements.
Ready to post your solution architect job description?
Posting a job description and waiting for a response great. But Monster job ads can put you in the driver’s seat when it comes to finding the right solution architect with our range of monthly plans that can be customized for any size company or job search. You can even access Monster Studios, which lets you create video job descriptions, at no additional charge and you can cancel at any time. Get started right now!