Physical Therapy Aide Job Description
This physical therapy aide sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Physical Therapist Aide Job Responsibilities:
Supports physical therapy care delivery by preparing treatment area, patient, equipment and materials; performing procedures, under the supervision of a physical therapist.
Physical Therapist Aide Job Duties:
- Prepares treatment room for patient by following prescribed procedures and protocols.
- Prepares patients for physical therapy treatment by welcoming, comforting, providing and/or assisting patient into physical therapy apparel or apertures.
- Provides information to patients by answering questions and requests; allaying fears.
- Helps treat patients by applying heat packs; paraffin dips; assisting patients into whirlpool; helping patients onto exercise equipment, monitoring motion; tracking walking time and distance; measuring mobility; performing prescribed exercises and strengthening techniques.
- Educates patients by demonstrating proper use of equipment and exercise routines.
- Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Provides equipment and supplies by sterilizing and delivering equipment and supplies to treatment area; positioning equipment for therapist access; positioning patient on equipment.
- Ensures operation of physical therapy equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instruction; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- Maintains physical therapy supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Serves and protects the hospital community by adhering to professional standards, hospital policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements, and jcaho standards.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances physical therapy department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Physical Therapist Aide Skills and Qualifications:
Creating a Safe, Effective Environment, Verbal Communication, Listening, Coaching, Health Care Administration, Patient Services, Self-Development, Coordination, Teamwork, Multi-tasking, Supply Management
Learn more and recruiting and hiring: