Payroll Supervisor Job Description
This payroll supervisor sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Payroll Supervisor Job Responsibilities:
Pays employees by compiling and processing payroll information; maintaining records.
Payroll Supervisor Job Duties:
- Accomplishes payroll human resource objectives by selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising job contributions; recommending compensation actions; adhering to policies and procedures.
- Meets payroll operational standards by contributing information to strategic plans and reviews; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; identifying system improvements.
- Meets payroll financial standards by providing annual budget information; monitoring expenditures; identifying variances; implementing corrective actions.
- Updates records by reviewing and entering changes in exemptions, insurance changes, deductions, paid-time not worked, status, and pay; calculating vacation earned.
- Prepares pay by verifying time records; calculating and producing checks or electronic transfers; calculating and producing quarterly incentive bonuses.
- Balances payroll accounts by auditing information; identifying and resolving discrepancies; initiating journal entries.
- Determines payroll liabilities by entering federal and state income and social security tax information, 401k transfer and direct deposits, wage assignments and garnishments.
- Fulfills wage garnishment requirements by completing forms; adjusting payroll records, documenting and transmitting withholdings; negotiating with collection agencies to convert garnishments to wage assignments.
- Purchases savings bonds by maintaining deduction records; completing forms; coordinating renewable limits register; initiating deductions; ordering bonds; recording purchases.
- Maintains life insurance by updating calculations; preparing check requests; initiating disbursements.
- Remits tax payments by collecting and verifying data; preparing federal, state, and local tax reports, and W2 statements; initiating payment.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Payroll Supervisor Skills and Qualifications:
Tax, Compensation and Wage Structure, Worker Compensation, Benefits Administration, Employment Law, Analyzing Information , Attention to Detail, Confidentiality, Thoroughness, Verbal Communication
Learn more about how the hiring process: