Paramedic Job Description Sample
This paramedic job description sample is the ideal framework for a posting that will attract the attention of the right candidates for your facility. The most effective postings maintain the structure and organization of this outline and simply revise it to include the requirements and duties specific to your open position. You can get even more ideas for crafting the ideal description by taking a look at Monster’s paramedic job listings.
[Intro Paragraph] Job listings that include a short paragraph introducing prospective paramedics to a hospital, fire department, or medical facility tend to garner the most attention. Take a few sentences to highlight your unique culture and working environment and use this opportunity to set your company apart from the competition by letting job hunters know what you bring to the table for new employees.
Paramedic Job Responsibilities:
- Provides pre-hospital and intra-hospital advanced life support care from initial contact until patient care is relinquished to the accepting medical facility maintaining thorough patient care documentation.
- Obtains information from persons involved, examines victims, and determines nature, extent, or magnitude of illness or injury to establish emergency medical procedures to be followed or need for additional assistance.
- Communicates with professional medical personnel at emergency treatment facility to obtain instructions regarding treatment and to arrange for reception of victims at medical treatment facilities.
- Lifts, carries, and transports injured, sick or incapacitated persons from residential or accident scenes to medical facilities.
- Administers prescribed first-aid treatment at site of emergency or in specially equipped vehicle according to established medical protocols.
- Applies splints; administers oxygen or artificial resuscitation; treats and bandages wounds or abrasions; and performs other basic life support procedures.
- Stabilizes, immobilizes, lifts, and moves victims from scene of accident or catastrophe.
- Operates a specially equipped emergency medical vehicle in an assigned geographic area to respond to accidents or catastrophes and to transport injured or ill persons to a medical facility.
- Inspects specially equipped emergency vehicle, cleans equipment to insure its safe operation, and replenishes medical supplies, fuel, and fluids.
[Work Hours & Benefits] This is an excellent place to include working hours and benefits specific to your department and another chance to sell potential applicants on things like overtime or special assignments. Benefits that can set you apart, like childcare reimbursements, paid leave, or tuition or continuing education credits, can go right here as well.
Paramedic Qualifications / Skills:
- Knowledge of methods and techniques for providing on-site emergency medical services
- Effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other medical personnel, victims, and family
- Read, write, and communicate professionally and effectively with employees and managers
- Write simple correspondence or reports
- Knowledge of company protocols, operational procedures, and safety policies
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- State driver’s license
- State Paramedic Certification or National Registry Paramedic Certification (LP/EMT-P/NREMT-P)
- AHA Basic Life Support Certification
- AHA Advanced Life Support Certification
- Certified as a CPR Instructor in Basic Life Support by the American Heart Association (must obtain within one year of employment)
- Certified as a First Aid Instructor by the American Heart Association or the National Safety Council (must obtain within one year of employment)
[Call to Action] Now that job hunters are familiar with your organization and specific job requirements, you need a compelling call to action that tells prospective paramedics exactly how to apply. Let them know whether they should click the “apply” button at the top of this listing or whether to submit an application, resume, and other supporting documents to your department.
Ready for Your Paramedic Job Description to Go Live?
Getting a potential applicant’s attention is one thing, but going out and finding the right paramedic candidates yourself is another. That’s where Monster job ads come in. We offer flexible monthly plans allowing you to upgrade, scale down, or cancel your job search at any time. Get started today!