Information technology manager job description sample
Finding great hires is a significant part of a company’s success, but it can be difficult to find candidates who meet the exact expectations you’ve highlighted for the position. Composing an excellent job description as part of your posting can increase your odds of finding those quality applicants. You can use Monster’s information technology or IT manager job description template as a model to create your own. Copy the template’s form and organization and then add details about your specific opening. If you need more ideas, browse our information technology manager job listings.
Information Technology Manager
[Intro Paragraph] The best way to start your information technology manager job description is by introducing job seekers to your company. Give them a marketing summary, complete with specific facts that distinguish the organization from similar workplaces. This will give applicants a sense of the company culture, which also helps to weed out employees who aren’t a good fit.
Information Technology Manager Job Responsibilities:
- Maintains information technology strategies.
- Manages staff.
- Researches and implements technological strategic solutions.
- Accomplishes information technology staff results.
- Plans, monitors, and appraises job results.
- Coaches, counsels, and disciplines employees.
- Initiates, coordinates, and enforces systems, policies, and procedures.
- Maintains staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains a safe and secure work environment.
- Develops personal growth opportunities.
- Maintains organization’s effectiveness and efficiency by defining and delivering strategic plans for implementing information technologies.
- Directs technological research by studying organization goals, strategies, practices, and user projects.
- Completes projects by coordinating resources and timetables with user departments and data center.
- Verifies application results by conducting system audits of technologies implemented.
- Preserves assets by implementing disaster recovery and back-up procedures and information security and control structures.
- Recommends information technology strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating organization outcomes.
- Identifies problems.
- Evaluates trends.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team efforts by accomplishing related results as needed.
[Work Hours & Benefits] After the introduction and a list of job responsibilities, you will want to get into the topic of work hours and benefits. This topic is of great interest, so place it here so that candidates will be curious and will want to read more of the ad. Give specific details about working conditions or requirements, including shift work, weekend work, overtime, and break schedule. Be sure to mention any special perks and benefits that will entice potential employees.
Information Technology Manager Qualifications/Skills:
- Technical management
- Technical understanding
- Analyzing information
- Informing others
- Problem solving
- Data center management
- Developing budgets
- Strategic planning
- Quality management
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in a computer field
- Five or more years of IT work experience
- Optional product or system certification
[Call to Action] You should end your information technology manager job description with a call to action. This will probably yield more responses to your posting because you’re making it easier for job seekers to apply by telling them exactly how to do it. For instance, direct them to click on the apply button at the top of the job listing or fill out an application on the company’s website.
Find your great next hires with expert hiring help
After you’re written an excellent IT manager job description and posted it, you will have your choice of candidates. Don’t get overwhelmed by the hiring process. Get help from Monster. Pick from flexible plans that touch on not only recruiting, but also management strategies and much more. Find out all the details now.