[Intro Paragraph] Start your help desk job description with an introduction to your company or service. You’ll want to stress the positive qualities you offer to employees and why a job seeker would want to work for you. Take this chance to make your position stand out from other competing job listings, by painting a picture that makes it easy for potential candidates to imagine working for you.
Help Desk Job Responsibilities:
- Provides technical support to users by researching and answering questions, troubleshooting problems, and maintaining workstation and LAN performance.
- Provides answers to clients by identifying problems, researching answers, and guiding clients through corrective steps.
- Improves client references by writing and maintaining documentation.
- Participates in development of client training programs by identifying learning issues and recommending instructional language.
- Accommodates client disabilities by recommending devices and techniques.
- Avoids legal challenges by monitoring compliance with service agreements.
- Improves system performance by identifying problems and recommending changes.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and maintaining personal networks.
- Accomplishes information systems and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
[Work Hours & Benefits] Make sure to include information about your working hours and benefits in this location. The most effective job descriptions create interest and encourage candidates to keep reading by describing the expected working conditions or requirements such as flexible schedules, weekend work, and overtime opportunities. Also, be sure to highlight any special benefits that you offer such as work from home options, extra PTO, or fitness/gym reimbursements.
Help Desk Qualifications / Skills:
- Problem solving
- LAN knowledge
- Verbal communication
- Operating systems
- Phone skills
- Customer service
- Quality focus
- PC proficiency
- System administration
- UNIX system administration
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent
- Prior information technology or systems administration experience preferred
- Familiarity with telephone, office, and point-of-sale software a plus
[Call to Action] Job ads that conclude with a compelling call to action tend to get the most responses. Let prospective help desk staff know exactly how you’d like them to apply, whether by emailing a resume, applying in person, or clicking on the “apply” button at the top of the job listing.
Put Together the Perfect Help Desk Job Description?
Help desk personnel support just about everyone else in your business. Make sure you nail your next hire with Monster job ads. Our flexible monthly options let you choose the right plan to fit your needs and choose the employees that will be represent your company. Plus, you’ll get access to Monster Studios, our video job ad platform, at no extra charge.