Financial planner job description sample
This financial planner job description sample was created as a search-optimized template to help you convert qualified candidates into applicants. Create the structure of your listing by following the layout of the sample, then add the specifics about your company and the position you are advertising. Find more ideas on how to grab candidates’ attention by looking through our finance job listings.
[Intro Paragraph] The best way to begin your financial planner job posting is with 2-3 sentences introducing your company and describing the work environment. This is your chance to get creative and communicate your value proposition to appeal to your ideal candidate. It’s also an opportunity to elevate your job description above the rest and grab the attention of job seekers, but remember to steer clear of hyperbole.
Financial Planner Job Responsibilities:
- Provide financial planning and investment advisory services.
- Research and present investment strategies.
- Develop and execute retirement planning.
- Implement risk management and tax planning strategies.
- Coordinate estate planning.
- Manage client relationships.
- Identify and cultivate new clients.
- Develop and grow a book of business.
- Open, transfer, and manage client accounts.
- Prepare financial policy and procedure documentation.
- Identify financial process improvement.
- Generate and process paper and electronic documents.
[Hours & Benefits] This is a good place to mention benefits and support. Let applicants know if you have special training, licensing assistance, or continuing education programs. Also be sure to mention any other noteworthy perks provided to employees, such as schedule flexibility, tuition reimbursement, and retirement plans. This not only helps your job stand out from the crowd but also helps it to perform better in search.
Financial Planner Qualifications/Skills:
- Comprehensive knowledge of topics related to financial planning
- In-depth understanding of the securities industry, including investment and insurance products and services
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Results-oriented mindset
- Exemplary written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal aptitude
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Experience with financial planning software (eMoney, MoneyGuide)
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
Education and Experience Requirements:
- CFP certification
- FINRA Series 7 and 66
- CPA a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field
- 3-5 years experience in the financial industry
[Call To Action] Now it’s time to add a call to action. Let interested candidates know exactly how you would like them to apply for this position. Do they need to email a resume to a specific person? Is there a link to apply online? Be specific and your job posting will perform better.
Need Help Finding the Right Candidate?
Monster job ads will help you find the right fit fast. Our range of monthly plans include access to SearchMonster at no extra charge, allowing you to search our huge database of resumes and social media profiles, with precise filters to help you find the perfect candidate. Get started today!