Electrical Engineering Manager Sample Job Description
This electrical engineering manager sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Electrical Engineering Manager Job Responsibilities:
Provides operational power by developing and maintaining electrical systems; managing staff.
Electrical Engineering Manager Job Duties:
- Accomplishes electrical engineering human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
- Achieves electrical engineering operational objectives by contributing electrical engineering information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining administrative system improvements; implementing change.
- Meets electrical engineering financial objectives by forecasting electrical engineering requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Develops strategic electrical plans by studying operational plans; studying existing conditions; determining needs to accomplish operational plans; mapping solutions; updating and modifying requirements and solutions; preparing cost estimates and budgets.
- Plans electrical projects by determining specifications; selecting contractors; establishing installation schedules; planning shut-downs and installations; integrating requirements with architectural and mechanical designs; verifying code requirements; updating cost estimates.
- Completes electrical projects by supervising installations; resolving design issues.
- Maintains electrical systems by establishing and enforcing preventive and on-going maintenance, and testing programs; scheduling repairs; coordinating shut-downs and installations.
- Maintains safe and healthy work environment by establishing, following, and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with codes and legal regulations.
- Updates job knowledge by remaining current on codes and requirements; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes engineering and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
Electrical Engineering Manager Skills and Qualifications:
Electronic Testing Design, Electronic Production Technologies, Electronic Systems, Technical Management, Developing Budgets, Management Proficiency, Electronics Troubleshooting, Basic Safety, Quality Focus, Process Improvement, Leadership
Find out more about recruiting trends in the engineering industry.
Find out more about writing a job description: