Community Manager Job Description Sample
This community association manager sample job description can help you create a job posting that will attract the top candidates and turn them into applicants. By keeping the structure and organization of the description—and revising it to reflect the specific duties and requirements of the job for which you are hiring—you’re sure to get the attention of the best of the best. For more ideas about how to build your perfect posting, browse our community manager job listings.
[Intro paragraph] We also encourage you to lead off your job description with a few sentences introducing prospective managers to your community, culture, and working environment. This is your opportunity to sell yourself to the job candidate, so describe your community’s values as well as what you can offer new managers. That will truly differentiate your position from competing job listings.
Community Manager Job Responsibilities:
- Manages a portfolio of communities that includes apartments, homes, townhomes, and/or condominiums.
- Guides, assists, and recommends courses of action for Board members to conduct business.
- Provides management services in compliance with the terms of the management contract.
- Assists Board and homeowners with problem resolution.
- Provides fiscal management, including, but not limited to, reviewing and approving invoices, coordinating tax preparation and reserve study updates, and reviewing completed financial statements for accuracy prior to distributing to the Board each month.
- Conducts site reviews and provides oversight of related compliance matters.
- Reviews and submits requests for vendor bids and contracted services.
- Attends association meetings, including annual, turnover, and Board meetings.
- Prepares Board packets, agendas, and calendars in preparation for scheduled and unscheduled meetings.
- Communicates in-person, by telephone, or via email to Board members, homeowners, and vendors regarding community business in a timely manner.
- Maintains current knowledge of governing documents, applicable state statutes, and local ordinances that apply to each assigned community.
- Oversees all aspects of the client’s relationship with our Company to ensure success and retention.
- Shares afterhours emergency phone duties.
[Work Hours & Benefits] Now that future community association managers know what’s required of them, you may want to include details about your work hours and benefits. Discuss any flexible hour or workweek options, on-site meeting schedules, or travel requirements. You can also highlight the unique benefits that set your company apart, like profit sharing, paid time off, tuition credits, or continuing education reimbursement.
Community Manager Qualifications/Skills:
- Strong leadership abilities and comfort with public speaking (small and large groups)
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to meet deadlines and address time-sensitive issues
- Conflict resolution skills
- Superior multi-tasking skills
- Ability to provide high-level customer service with astute attention to detail and organization
- Team player
- Ability to manage workflow amid shifting priorities
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Three to five years’ experience in real estate or one to three years’ management experience a plus
- Solid knowledge of office software such as Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word
[Call to Action] This is where the best performing job ads truly set themselves apart: with a strong call to action. Let potential applicants know exactly how to apply and compel them to do so by including specific details, like hiring manager contact information or required documentation. Or you can just tell them to click on the apply button at the top of the job listing.
Ready to Add a New Manager to Your Community?
Awesome! Now get ready to find the best of the best candidates with Monster job ads. Our wide range of monthly plans fit any company’s needs, giving you the power to upgrade, scale down, or cancel any time. Start your search today!