Administrative manager job description sample
This administrative manager job description sample can help you draft a job posting that will attract the right candidate. Use the format and structure but change the paragraphs and bullet lists to suit your unique job requirements. You can get additional ideas from Monster’s administrative manager job listings.
[Intro Paragraph] The first paragraph should be a short marketing introduction about your company. This is your chance to tell a prospective employee what it would be like to work for you. Remember, you are trying to sell yourself to your ideal candidate who will be looking at other postings from competing companies.
Administrative Manager Job Responsibilities:
- Maintains administrative staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Supervises clerical and administrative personnel by communicating job expectations, appraising job results, and disciplining employees.
- Sets policies and procedures for training, coaching, counseling, and career development for staff.
- Initiates and coordinates goals, deadlines, and projects for their department.
- Develops and implements policies and procedures to improve operations and function of the department.
- Monitors and procures needed supplies for office, reception, mailroom, and kitchen.
- Ensures a safe, secure, and well-maintained facility that meets environmental, health, and security standards.
- Manages the maintenance and repair of machinery, equipment, and electrical and mechanical systems.
[Work Hours & Benefits] You will keep your potential candidate interested in reading further if you put your work hours and benefits information in this location. Include information about special working conditions or benefits such as flexible schedules, work-from-home options, and weekend work. Remember to provide descriptions of office perks, tuition re-imbursement, and child-care benefits, if applicable.
Administrative Manager Qualifications/Skills:
- Project management
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Scheduling and planning
- Organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Administrative writing and reporting skills
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- One to two years of administrative manager experience
[Call to Action] You will receive more responses to your job posting if you provide a call to action. This is accomplished by telling your candidate how to apply for your job. Let them know they can click the apply button at the top of the job description or send their resume to a given email address.
Ready to post your job description?
The right candidate is out there waiting for you. Monster can help you find them. We offer monthly plans that provide flexibility as your needs change. The Monster plans let you upgrade, downsize, or completely swap out advertisements. There are even free tools such as SearchMonster, which is an enormous repository of already submitted resumes for you to search. Get started today!